Big Ass Concrete Plant sitting on the ground near Tisdale

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Somebody was getting ready for something. Anyone know more?

Listed for $700,000 on Iron Planet. Very nice.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Reactions: bob the dog

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Seeing Rio Tinto ceded interest in Fort-a-la-Corne in lieu of a 20% holding in Starr Peak. Feasibility studies yet to be completed. Mining still 3 - 5 years away.

Apparently diamonds are not really their thing.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Seeing Rio Tinto ceded interest in Fort-a-la-Corne in lieu of a 20% holding in Starr Peak. Feasibility studies yet to be completed. Mining still 3 - 5 years away.

They still just little industrial diamonds up at Fort-a-la-Corne? Haven’t really heard anything about it since I lived up in PA years ago and De Beers was sniffing around things 25-30-ish years ago…

if I recall, they were one to 2 mm generally, and coloured….& they figured they would be valuable for industrial use in lasers, etc but that’s literally more than a quarter of a century ago from the Prince Albert Herald.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They still just little industrial diamonds up at Fort-a-la-Corne? Haven’t really heard anything about it since I lived up in PA years ago and De Beers was sniffing around things 25-30-ish years ago…

if I recall, they were one to 2 mm generally, and coloured….& they figured they would be valuable for industrial use in lasers, etc but that’s literally more than a quarter of a century ago from the Prince Albert Herald.
Far better than just industrial...

Activities relating to the Star - Orion South Diamond Project and Fort à la Corne mineral properties
During the year ended December 31, 2022, the Company announced the completion of an independent study into the abundance of Type IIa diamonds in the Trench Cutter diamond parcels recovered from the Early Joli Fou ("EJF") geological units at the Star Kimberlite, as defined by the Star Diamond geological model (see news release dated May 31, 2022). During 2019, Rio Tinto Canada completed the drilling of ten bulk sample holes (trenches) on the Star Kimberlite using a Trench Cutter Sampling Rig. This study confirmed that high proportions of Type IIa diamonds are present in the Star Kimberlite. Of note is the high proportion of Type IIa diamonds in the larger size fractions of the EJF of which 53% (or 8 of the 15) of the largest stones, 4 carats and above are Type IIa. This study also confirmed and augments earlier studies conducted by Star Diamond of Type IIa diamonds at Star (26.5%, +11 DTC (0.32 carats) and above) (see news releases dated June 09, 2010, March 4, 2019 and May 2, 2022). Type IIa diamonds are rare and account for less than 2% of all natural rough diamonds mined from kimberlites. Many high-value, top colour, large specials (greater than 10.8 carats) are Type IIa diamonds, which include all ten of the largest known rough diamonds recovered worldwide.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
They are there.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I am out of date on this is the last time I heard anything it was literally in a print newspaper a quarter of a century or more ago. Time flies.
Back then it would have been Kensington Resources who sold to Shore Gold who sold to Star Diamond and Rio Tinto. It (Star Kimberlite) is a massive deposit and extremely viable.

Last I heard was they were going to clear cut then make methanol from the wood, then removal and sale of the aggregates that make up the overburden leading to an open pit mine.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Back then it would have been Kensington Resources who sold to Shore Gold who sold to Star Diamond and Rio Tinto. It (Star Kimberlite) is a massive deposit and extremely viable.

Last I heard was they were going to clear cut then make methanol from the wood, then removal and sale of the aggregates that make up the overburden leading to an open pit mine.
Last I heard unless I’ve got my wires crossed and this is the one that’s 45 minutes north and east of Prince Albert and they found it in a farmers field (extinct volcano under the soil) by doing over flights with assessment, looking at the difference in plant growth colouring?

I’ve got my wires crossed. It was De Beers, but I might be thinking of the wrong place…

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Last I heard unless I’ve got my wires crossed and this is the one that’s 45 minutes north and east of Prince Albert and they found it in a farmers field (extinct volcano under the soil) by doing over flights with assessment, looking at the difference in plant growth colouring?

I’ve got my wires crossed. It was De Beers, but I might be thinking of the wrong place…
Pikoo kimberlite is east of LaRonge but found with a good old fashioned magnetometer. No farms up there.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

If recent developments in artificial diamond, and the dog&pony show that is pushing them is to be believed, digging diamonds out of the ground will soon be a thing of the past. The video that we saw claimed that even diamond experts cannot tell the real ones from man made.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I’m pretty sure I’m not off track though, and this Kimberly pipe was found under a farmers field originally by two guys in a Cessna. One was a geologist, and the other was a “plant guy” whatever -ologist that happens to be…& the colouring of the vegetation above this kimberlite pipe, which was totally underground, was slightly different than the colouring of the surrounding vegetation.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I’m pretty sure I’m not off track though, and this Kimberly pipe was found under a farmers field originally by two guys in a Cessna. One was a geologist, and the other was a “plant guy” whatever -ologist that happens to be…& the colouring of the vegetation above this kimberlite pipe, which was totally underground, was slightly different than the colouring of the surrounding vegetation.
Sigh. "Botanist."

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sigh. "Botanist."
Burnt out. End of day, end of week, end of month….mental block.
1711671519067.jpeg
In the 2000s, diamond exploration was undertaken in the Fort à la Corne kimberlite field by De Beers and ShoreGold.[2][3] A partnership of Rio Tinto and Star Diamond Corporation continued work through the 2010s and in early 2021 announced significant finds of commercial-grade diamonds. It was not yet known whether the project would proceed to a commercial mining operation.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Pikoo kimberlite is east of LaRonge but found with a good old fashioned magnetometer. No farms up there.
The well water we were told to use for the concrete plant at the Victor diamond processing facility project was so electrically charged we could not keep the water meter calibrated. Switching to a fresh water pit solved the problem.

They found a big one there as well. Gave it a name and all. The area is not far from the chromite deposit they keep talking about. One problem is road access.

Reactions: petros

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
If recent developments in artificial diamond, and the dog&pony show that is pushing them is to be believed, digging diamonds out of the ground will soon be a thing of the past. The video that we saw claimed that even diamond experts cannot tell the real ones from man made.
Digging them out of the ground is not that hard once you find them and have access. Bigger crusher, smaller crusher, conveyer belts and screens. They use an air blower system to separate the fines at the end.

Reactions: petros