Video Game Motion Systems

What's the best investment in a movement cvapturing gaming system?

• Wii

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • XBox Kinect

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • PlayStation3 Move

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Okay, so, I have some money to spend and some hyper kids to spend it on. But I also have a husband who likes gaming for a few days a year when he's too sick to do anything else, and wants decent graphics when he does it. So what's my best bet in your opinions?

Wii?
XBox Kinect?
PS3 Move?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
my Son works at toys r us and says the xbox connect. He made a funny face and said no to the PS3 and the Wii is more for the younger kids, unless your into the weight loss/exercise stuff.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
my Son works at toys r us and says the xbox connect. He made a funny face and said no to the PS3 and the Wii is more for the younger kids, unless your into the weight loss/exercise stuff.

Did you point out my kids are younger kids and I have weight to lose? lol.

My kids aren't allowed to play killing games, they don't like games like NFL football, NHL hockey, or car racing. It kind of limits what they play.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

My kids aren't allowed to play killing games, they don't like games like NFL football, NHL hockey, or car racing. It kind of limits what they play.

Well then, Jenny loves her Wii and wii fit board. We have mario cart and a bunch more mario brothers games as well as ice age 2 game. Plus excercise disks and a game pack that has tennis, baseball, skiing, etc.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I have them all and while the Wii and the PS3 Move are fun to play, Kinect will definately get your kids jumping around.....and you as well.

rooibos

Time Out
Jan 5, 2011
personally, i'd go wii or ps3.
i dont like the idea of having NO controller at all. it would make me feel quite awkward.
plus i've owned two xboxs and they both died.

Coddfish

Electoral Member
May 29, 2007
Ontario

Hmm, in that case, I personally would go for the Wii. My family has had one since Xmas 2008 and we have enjoyed it a lot. The first party titles are first rate and family friendly with Wii Sports (pack in title), Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, etc. And while there is some shovelware in terms of third party titles, there are some diamonds in the rough like Boom Blox and deBlob.

For some reason, the Kinect makes me think of the Sega Activator, back when the Sega Genesis/Megadrive was showing its' age around the mid 90's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-UZv3AS-E&feature=related