China -problem with the computer .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Hi Guys ,I must have pushed something or whatever ,my avatar is gone (in CCF) my fire fox-Google page is incomplete and so on .Wonder if any one could help .
China in Aussie Land

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Hi Guys ,I must have pushed something or whatever ,my avatar is gone (in CCF) my fire fox-Google page is incomplete and so on .Wonder if any one could help .
China in Aussie Land

If you are in Australia you may find they are taking a lesson from China and filtering their internet into and out of the country. Anonymous is incensed and raids are planned. If you are in Aussie land you should have heard about the government censorship. Or are you desensitized to it from your time in China?

This is just a wiki article on the subject, Internet censorship in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , but with some searching you will find plenty of news on the matter. That is if it is not being blocked by the Australian government.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
If you are in Australia you may find they are taking a lesson from China and filtering their internet into and out of the country. Anonymous is incensed and raids are planned. If you are in Aussie land you should have heard about the government censorship. Or are you desensitized to it from your time in China?

Thanks for the help ;contrary to your statement the time that I have spend in China made me very sensitive to the bull **** flying around .
Good'ai .

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Thanks for the help ;contrary to your statement the time that I have spend in China made me very sensitive to the bull **** flying around .
Good'ai .

Yes, I beleive you would have seen much of it.

The attacks in Australia have begun and will continue.

Cyber attacks against Australia 'will continue'

By Zoe Kleinman
Technology Reporter, BBC News

The Australian government has not made contact with the activists

An activist group that temporarily blocked access to key Australian government websites plans to continue its cyber attacks, the BBC has learned.
The group, known as Anonymous, was protesting against the Australian government's proposals to apply filters to the internet in the country.
A man claiming to be a representative of the group said that around 500 people were involved in the attack.
The method they are using is known as Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS).

BBC News - Cyber attacks against Australia 'will continue'

Anonymous will not stop.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
The problem with my computer has nothing to do with "cyber" attack on my pc.It's the graphics .Maybe this will explain ; above the "post quick reply " box ( in the CCF) you have number of symbols to represent each function of that particular symbol .Well my symbols are gone and they are replaced by a written description like :Remove Text Formatting ,Bold Italic Underline .
My avatar is also gone ,replaced by an empty square ( the dimensions of my avatar) and the word Avatar written in it.I know my dear friend Dexter Sinister knows what I'm talking about.:smile:

You see ,a perfect example ;can't use my smiles .

This is smile:smile: Angry3:angry3: Angry fire :angryfire: and so on:x:-:)roll::-?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I'm sorry, the part about your google page being incomplete,

my fire fox-Google page is incomplete and so on .

as well as your statement about being in Australia,

China in Aussie Land

led me to believe the problem was internet related in general not just a problem with your computer.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
eh1eh

I'm sorry, the part about your google page being incomplete,

Quote:

my fire fox-Google page is incomplete and so on .
as well as your statement about being in Australia,

Quote: China in Aussie Land
led me to believe the problem was internet related in general not just a problem with your computer.quick reply | quote this | multiple:
write on wall
add as friend
send pm

[/QUOTE

No problem eh1eh .It is me having hard time to describe what is wrong with the pc; hope someone can help .
You have a great time eh1eh, you heaaar, China .

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
The problem with my computer has nothing to do with "cyber" attack on my pc.It's the graphics .Maybe this will explain ; above the "post quick reply " box ( in the CCF) you have number of symbols to represent each function of that particular symbol .Well my symbols are gone and they are replaced by a written description like :Remove Text Formatting ,Bold Italic Underline .
My avatar is also gone ,replaced by an empty square ( the dimensions of my avatar) and the word Avatar written in it.I know my dear friend Dexter Sinister knows what I'm talking about.:smile:

You see ,a perfect example ;can't use my smiles .

This is smile:smile: Angry3:angry3: Angry fire :angryfire: and so on:x:-:)roll::-?

I can see your smiles in the above quote, can you. If you can't then maybe they are not getting to you as they are there.

Quoting china; No problem eh1eh .It is me having hard time to describe what is wrong with the pc; hope someone can help .
You have a great time eh1eh, you heaaar, China .

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
I'm surprised your man steve hasn't taken advantage of this,given how well he takes criticism,is there a list of all the people on the facbook page that criticized the shut down of Canadian democracy.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I'm surprised your man steve hasn't taken advantage of this,given how well he takes criticism,is there a list of all the people on the facbook page that criticized the shut down of Canadian democracy.

Canada needs one healthy revolution .

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I know its obvious... but sometimes we forget thh obvious Did you check and update Firefox and all your plugins ???
You could have disabled one by accident

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
......your man steve hasn't taken advantage...

my man Steve is a Prime Minister of Canada and a number 1 guy in Canada.

he knows better what he is doing than you will ever know ,live Him alone mister.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Do they load properly in other browsers?:roll:
Advanced post settings, disable smiles in test box is checked, no check is when the emoticons are visible

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
To all the help above ,

THANK YOU ,I t was my Firefox-no smiles no pictures ( photographs) got frustrated and delited the program and then downloaded it again.All is fine .

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
To all the help above ,

THANK YOU ,I t was my Firefox-no smiles no pictures ( photographs) got frustrated and delited the program and then downloaded it again.All is fine .

Did you have AdBlock Plus ( plug in ) installed ?

Perhaps you had clicked on it while sliding your mouse across the screen by mistake and now do not have it installed as a plug in.. Just a thought..

I can't see how something would mess with Firefox that badly to see with pictures only unless another plug in got corrupted badly such as Flash or Java while updating.. But again, anything is possible and doing what you did could resolve that problem..