desktop pics

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I've used this one for several weeks now: I hope the fires around Lillooet are not now as spectacular:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I change my Screensaver at least daily (both home & work). Today the
weather is ugly and this is my current Screensaver:

It's one of the views from my back yard.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Whats the picture on your desktop this week?
Heres mine
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/space_walk_astronouts_earth_2.jpg
I'd post the pic rather than the link but i dont know how thats done.

Right click on the picture you want to insert. Click on ‘copy image location’. This copies the URL to the clipboard.

When you are composing the message, you will see an icon (on my screen it appears fifth from the right), which says ‘insert image’ when you place the cursor over it. Place the cursor at the point where you want to insert the image. Then click on the ‘insert image’ icon.

Paste the URL in the box that appears. That will insert the picture in your message where you want it. You should see the picture in your message, before you post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Ours is in realtime, so the shadow moves depending on time of day:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Would it work then? I don't know anything about Macs.
But you are quite pointy about Windows, it sucks lots of times.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Would it work then? I don't know anything about Macs.
But you are quite pointy about Windows, it sucks lots of times.
Yes. I set up a Mac for the local museum and had to install Windoze because all their old files were created on a PC on programs that were not ported to the Mac. So I had to install an emulator program to make the Mac think it was a PC so it would rum XP Pro. It is kinda neat in that you can toggle back and forth between Windoze and Mac OS X and share pictures and Word files.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I change my desktop every two or three days. I have a large selection at my disposal, from the photographs we took on our various vacations. This is my desktop today (from Galapagos Islands).

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I am usually just browsing when I see pics I like so I just click the "set as background" button on whatever pic I like. Les did the screensaver thing though, and he was looking for them; we have Winter Wonderlands and Living 3-d Waterfalls