My speakers have stopped working...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Over the last few months my computer has been slowing down. The quick fixes didn't seem to help anymore. I finally backed up most of the essentials and formated the hard drive and re-installed Windows XP. Everything is back up to speed, and it works fine but the speakers don't work. The computer tells me I don't have a sound device. I tried different speakers without success. The sound card is built into the motherboard. The motherboard has two PCI slots but my extra sound cards are all old ones that don't fit so I can't use them.

Any ideas??

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Thanks guys
I was digging through my junk drawer and I found an old PCI sound card. The problem is solved.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The other option would have been getting the mother board part number..going to the manuacturers site, and downloading the drivers for the built in sound card.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The other option would have been getting the mother board part number..going to the manuacturers site, and downloading the drivers for the built in sound card.

One of the things I did do Gerry is reload the motherboard software from the CD that came with the motherboard. What I've installed is an older Creative Labs PCI Soundblaster that is pretty good....At least as good as what was on the motherboard..;-)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
One of the things I did do Gerry is reload the motherboard software from the CD that came with the motherboard. What I've installed is an older Creative Labs PCI Soundblaster that is pretty good....At least as good as what was on the motherboard..;-)

Sorry, you didn't mention that you had tried loading the drivers off the original driver CD.