Any Tips?

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
I've recently decided on creating my own web page for people to visit with the works I've created for people to read over for free. For those of you who know of me then you may know that I'm talking about my writing pieces, well, anyway, I want to create a website for that, but I am completely clueless :confused3:

If you have any tips please, please, please share. Anything at all that comes to mind that may help me in the matter.

Thanks for your time, and I will certainly let you know when my page is up for anyone who's interested.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
First of all, I'm barely computer literate, so I can't (won't) offer you advice
here other that suggesting others here you might want to talk to about this.

Kreskin recently has asked a question very similar to yours, so he might
have some real world advice to offer on getting started. Andem gave him
some advice. DurkaDurka sounds very knowledgeable on this subject.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
You could start with a free blog, like blogspot. If you want to have your own domain address and more overall control then as Durka said get to know some of the basics of the web, like HTML. Your domain would also need to be hosted by a web host which begins to cost money. A web host that offers "free web space" is usually not worth bothering with, at least not for very long. For $10 a month or so you can usually find a web host where you can register your domain name and get pre-installed website templates and other quality content management systems like like wordpress or drupal. Start with whatever "starter" plan they have because they often come with more than enough webspace, bandwidth etc than a new hobby site generally needs.

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
thanks guys, i'm sure all this will help me out a lot. i think i will go with my own domain with pre set templates for a few bucks a month, and hopefully i will have my own .com soon enough