HHO torch for heating metal work.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
I did not see anthing about this in your search engine so I thought I would add a thread on it.

I was researching HHO gens. as a fuel alternative for a car conversion this Winter and came across this other use for HHO gas generators. Use as a torch for heating and cutting metals. This is an amazing gas to work with. I have supplied a link to and advertisment for a generator that is in production in the US, but you can make one yourself easliy that would fulfill the needs of the average craftsman.

The gas HHO (H2O>HHO) burnt by itself at a low temp of 275 degrees, making the it very safe as far as a burn goes, from the torch tip.

The burning flame reacts with whatever material you are cutting so you cam cut material that would be unheard of oxy acetyline torchs:
Steel @ 2000 degrees
Tungstun @ 10 000 degrees
Ceramics can be heated in excess of 12 000 degrees

The by product of the flame is water which because the material is so hot evaporates immediately causeing no ill-effect when working materials such as enemels. There is no smoke due to the flame thus there is a much cleaner work environment for the user of the torch and bystanders alike.

It is truely amazing what it can do and would suggest any people who do hot work look into building a unit for themselves and cleaning up their worlds.

YouTube - HHO gas part one (alternative to fossil fuels)