City of the Future

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
City of the Future : CenturyCity

What do you invision the city of the fture will offer residents??

Energy, medical services, transportation, work or jobs... etc.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
What do you invision the city of the fture will offer residents??

Hopefully, it would offer lots of green spaces and parks and clean air for birds and people rather than a bunch of Buck Rogers buildings.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Well Dex, we already have GPS that can plan routes in our cars, cars that sense the distance between near objects to warn the driver. Personal flying vehicles with auto-pilot and controlled "streets" in the air doesn't seem so difficult, depending how far into the future of course. The error rate in onboard computers would probably be better than the accident rates of our 4 wheeled human piloted types ;)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Well Dex, we already have GPS that can plan routes in our cars, cars that sense the distance between near objects to warn the driver. Personal flying vehicles with auto-pilot and controlled "streets" in the air doesn't seem so difficult, depending how far into the future of course. The error rate in onboard computers would probably be better than the accident rates of our 4 wheeled human piloted types ;)

I wonder if an I.Q. sensor is possible. An ignition lock out for those with an I.Q. of below a hundred might help as well......:smile:

NorthernSun

Electoral Member
Nov 20, 2008
Sydney, NS
I am thinking that we could have a series of mass transit trains and a lot of mini scooters like segways that run on electricity and maybe they could be a little faster then normal segways. Also, we need a 0 carbon emission city with geothermal heating and solar powered buildings. I don't really know how into the future you were thinking though...