Resizing pics for Digi-Frames

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I bought my dad a digital photo frame for Christmas this year. I was almost smug in my satisfaction at having (finally) thought up an idea for something he'd like and doesn't already have. He's never laid hands on a computer, so I want to give it to him all loaded up with pics so all he has to do is point the remote and enjoy.

I've scanned a whack of old photos he's probably forgotten all about by now, but I can't seem to figure out how to resize them to fit the whole screen on the frame.

Is there an easy way to do this that even a techno-plebe like myself can figure out? I've tried messing around with cropping and resizing, but it doesn't seem to be working very well. The resolution on the pics look terrible once they're resized.

Ideas anyone?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
You need to scale the images proportionally when resizing the image otherwise it will look all mangled. I believe if you hold the shift button down while resizing it, it should keep the correct aspect ratio. Also, what resolution are the images after being scanned? Perhaps the resolution is less then the digital picture frame?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Scan big and reduce for clear images.

You need to find the resolution that the display operates in. Then resize all the pictures down to that resolution to fit the screen. There may be an option on the display to fit all pictures, so have a look for that.

The distortion comes from scanning smaller and then enlarging to meet the displayed resolution. Don't become confused with printed size and display size. They are different.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Thanks - I'll have to take another look at it tonight. I may have to rescan the lot of them by the sounds of it.

Appreciate the pointers, and I may be back for more!