Computer Question

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Can someone answer a question for me:

With Windows XP Professional can we only download games from Microsoft or can we download games from other companies? In other words are there any restrictions?

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Can someone answer a question for me:

With Windows XP Professional can we only download games from Microsoft or can we download games from other companies? In other words are there any restrictions?

Yes when you download games from other companies you will always lose...it's some sort of Gates weirdness left over from high school...

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Do you mean install? If installing is what you are referring to, you can install whatever you want, whether it's published by Microsoft or EA. I have gamed on XP Pro for years and I have played dozens of games without problems.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Microsoft hates illegal downloads such from Bit torrent and share software (Emule, Edonkey, etc)
Other than that, you will be fine sir.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Microsoft hates illegal downloads such from Bit torrent and share software (Emule, Edonkey, etc)
Other than that, you will be fine sir.

How does Microsoft hate file sharing networks other then the obvious of disliking their products being stolen, like every other company who publishes software?

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Do you mean install? If installing is what you are referring to, you can install whatever you want, whether it's published by Microsoft or EA. I have gamed on XP Pro for years and I have played dozens of games without problems.
I am not sure because I don't do games. This friend of mine for instance wants to download a flight simulator so that he can play with it. He says that microsoft have one but the program is too big for his computer. Therefore he was thinking of downloading one other than microsoft which is not as heavy. He did not mentioned install, he said download. ???

I am confused, can you understand what I am asking or am I hopeless? I don't have any games in my computer but I presume you have already guessed that.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Generally, flight simulators are huge downloads due to the all the maps etc. Sounds like he needa a bigger hard drive, which are pretty cheap these days.

jregsr9304

Feb 5, 2008
columbus ohio usa
game downloads

do not listen to any other replies... you can download anything in games that you want. but first you have to download adobe flashplayer 9, from the adobe website. also for a little extra kick go to freeware files.com and download whatever your heart desires. if you have any problems you can email me with any further questions pertaining to downloads. another web site you might want to try is filehippo.com all downloads are free just like freeware files.com. john
my email address is cregrutsr9304@msn.com