BELL EXPRESSVU help

bell

May 31, 2007
hi, i was wondering, i have a bell reviever upstairs and i want to add one in my basement. so my question is if my buddy sells me his reciever, what would i need from him to subscribe to bell in my name with that reviever?

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Yep, I have read this lots.

Your friend *must* call into the Bell ExpressVu line (1-888-SKY-DISH) and transfer the receiver to your account.

It would be handy to pass on your account # (can be found on your monthly bill) to your friend so the transfer goes easily.

Your friend is also going to need some of the codes and numbers listed on the label on the back of the receiver... along with the model number.

If its new just regular and not HD or PVR and its a compact fat square its a 4100, if its not HD or PVR but older and a thin longer rectangle its probably a 3200.

The latest HD PVR is a 9200

bell

May 31, 2007
ok, so cant he just remove it from his account,and leave it with no one using it. and then i call back another time and activate it in my name at a later date

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
ok, so cant he just remove it from his account,and leave it with no one using it. and then i call back another time and activate it in my name at a later date

He can't just remove it from his account, he has 3 options with it.

-keep it activated on his account and continue to use it.
-have the CSR disable it, it will still remain on the account though.
-transfer the receiver to your account and allow you to use it.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Well you have nearly 2 million subscribers.

I get a little sick of the price increases always being blamed on piracy.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Well, don't be pissed off when your monthly charges get increased due to piracy losses.

wanna talk piracy.
The bell people decided to combine my mobility bill and hardline bill so they did not send either bills one month. They had to do this to bypass the 2 different billing dates.

So not only was I stuck with a double large one bill they charged me 50 cents on each for a late payment fee.
When i phoned them they explained if you don't pay your bills on time there is a charge, and the guy was quite arrogant telling me this.

I screamed as loud as i could to bug him."How can I pay the bill if you don't send it to me." the rest of my conversation was rude calling him names and forced him to take off the buck....then i forced them to go back to two bills for i don't like the new one....LOL

I phoned peel regional and talked to the fraud squad , for if they do this to one guy it's a buck but 5 million and it's a 5 million dollar grab...he agreed with me but he said he would have to be able to prove intent on the behalf of bell executives and they would just hide behind computer programming problems.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well you have nearly 2 million subscribers.

I get a little sick of the price increases always being blamed on piracy.

The fault in the argument is that piracy actually costs Bell money. They assume if it wasn't pirated, the piraters would be subscribers. This is not necessarly the case. That doesn't make it legal but its hardly a capital crime either. Its not like drag racing down a residential street and killing a cab driver/father. If that gets 1 year of house arrest, stealing sattelite signals should only give you a $5 fine.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
The fault in the argument is that piracy actually costs Bell money. They assume if it wasn't pirated, the piraters would be subscribers. This is not necessarly the case. That doesn't make it legal but its hardly a capital crime either. Its not like drag racing down a residential street and killing a cab driver/father. If that gets 1 year of house arrest, stealing sattelite signals should only give you a $5 fine.

I hear ya Doug... that got me bonkers when that news broke....man I mean obviousley DaDa had the good lawyer

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The thing is that how can you lose money from something you never had?

If they want to stop piracy then they MUST come up with new technology to stop it.

Ands something better than the last Niagra smart card fiasco.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

If people are using hacked expressvu box's, it does cost Bell money. regardless of lost revenue to potential customers. Bell subsidizes the cost of the equipment they sell to the consumer, if that equipment is bought and then used with a hacked card, Bell never has the chance recoup that money from having the customer sign on with them.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Ok, I see now... the recievers we buy are less than factory-cost price to get customers on board to make that $$ back on programming.

I thought FTA boxes were the new thing for hacking though?