Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Only if you click on the like button and log in to your account...
Bl****** did about 4 years ago and her facebook security is non-existent, so anyone can find her, her real name, phone number etc.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Only if you click on the like button and log in to your account...
Bl****** did about 4 years ago and her facebook security is non-existent, so anyone can find her, her real name, phone number etc.

So who is BI******?
Oh, btw, all facebook security is non existent.
It's their 'Reason d'etre'.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I once asked Bear to find me on Facebook, and he knows my name my phone number and my address and email addy, ....all of which are on facebook, and he couldn't find me......and I couldn't find him....
All depend how you set it up....

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
The Internets is like your old grandmother's very expensive set of bone china. It costs a lot, but do you really know where it came from or how it was made? Since it's yours and probably an heirloom, you should look after it. It's much the same with the Internets.

Did you know that bone china is actually made of bone? I know that some of you don't believe me, but a quick Google will set you straight. And like bone china, not everything that you see is actually as it appears.

Bone china is usually made of bovine bonery, but a little known fact is that some bone china was actually made of human bones. For some, that would be a nasty surprise!

So it is with the Internets and its security. What you think, and what is actually true, are often two different things. That's why you should buy and use your own Internets, and buy and milk your own cow.

But I'm getting off topic. Imagine, if you will, that the Internets is a lovely bone china tea cup. It can be full of the most delicious teas ever! Sweet, mild and fruity, black or green; enjoyed as is, or add some milk or cream. So many ways to prepare and enjoy! It's a wonderful adventure, starting at the rim and working your way inside, to the bottom.

On your journey to the finish, will it be everything you expect? Will there be tea leaves clinging to the bottom of the cup, or something else? Who prevents you from drinking something yucky? The computer geeks call it security. Tea drinkers call her mom. So mom is security. And if your mother is no longer here, you'd best buy some security before you suck up motor oil or bugs from your lovely bone china cup!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
News Flash:
I'm sure cloud based servers are more secure as a backup than a spare HD kept in a secure location is. 'They' even say it is. Think how much faster the cloud will be when it used the local computer as a proxy server rather than loading anything up to a phantom NSA one.

I would imagine encryption will get you on a list rather than off of any. Resistance only slows us down, infiltration is a headline sating a browser has a hole and needs a patch (or Adobe flash) then people are lining up to be infected. Just to show that paranoia is more than 1 level deep.

. . . now back to your regular programming . . .