E-Readers

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
E-Readers
Yes know it was posted before, but with the new readers out there what do you think of the Kindle Paperwhite?

One problem and there mus be a way around it is buying from different source.
Is that possible as they all appear to lock you in.
Must be a program to change the format and unload from the desktop?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
E-Readers
Yes know it was posted before, but with the new readers out there what do you think of the Kindle Paperwhite?

Try this program... calibre - E-book management It should work with Kindle.....it works for Kobo and quite a few others...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
E-Readers

I have a Kobo. The wonderful thing about the paperwhite, is the ability to use it outside in the sun. I also like that my back-light has various levels.

I did not go for the Kindle because it is not supported by my library. Neither is my guy's BB reader. It is irritating that Canada does not support the BB or Kindle. The reading rights are purchased via the States. I think that is a shame.

The library used to support the BB app but it will run out shortly.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Das can you explain a bit about this program... I have a similar one for downloading from my Public Library. Why would I download this one?

thanks
If you have one that works for you, then there is no need for you to change....
I usualy plug in the ereader and load it up with books like a thumb drive, but a while back I needed a simple program for some of the old-er folks at the seniors club in town...
This is the one I ended up with and I got a couple 80+ years young great grandmothers using it with no problems....so Goober shouldn't have any....:lol

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
If you have one that works for you, then there is no need for you to change....
I usualy plug in the ereader and load it up with books like a thumb drive, but a while back I needed a simple program for some of the old-er folks at the seniors club in town...
This is the one I ended up with and I got a couple 80+ years young great grandmothers using it with no problems....so Goober shouldn't have any....:lol

doesn't everyone need a program to download onto their computer? There are free books on line a lot...I thought you had to download to the computer and then offload into the reader, no?

Hey Goob that is a big challenge there now....lol

grannies are doing it

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA