If Rogers & Bell are against it, it must somehow benefit consumers

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I have been at peoples homes who have cable and all of the American channels seem to feature goober shows like Gator Hunting or Duck calls or Tow truck rescues and other junk.

No American channels would be acceptable........

Rogers slams CRTC proposal to strip U.S. channels from basic cable packages:

Rogers slams CRTC proposal to strip U.S. channels from basic cable packages: ‘It’s nuts’ | Financial Post

Bell tells CRTC pick-and-pay proposals will cost consumers and jobs

Bell tells CRTC pick-and-pay proposals will cost consumers and jobs - Politics - CBC News

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
If the service is not what the public wants then the company providing the service ought to change. I haven't had cable television since 2006. Don't miss it.

Tried to watch tv at my mom's house while visiting but the amount and length of commercials had me too frustrated. Turned it off and read a book.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Cable would be useless without the American channels.
Would love to see simultaneous substitutions stopped.
Cancon for streaming services. is a joke.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
All I want is sports. Everything else is crap. TSN channels, SportsNet channels, Game Pass and Centre Ice would do me fine.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
My wife likes Coronation St.
I like docs.

If they cancelled either, the tv would be in recycle.

Even stopped watching CBC vids as you have to watch a commercial first.

WTF?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I was just checking the website. Content seems pretty good, at least a bit more current than Netflix. Still Netflix is getting better all the time. I'll check it out in November though.
SCB is getting tired of Netflix. She gets into a show, binge watches it, only to find that the last season isn't on Netflix. Then I have to go download that season so she'll be happy, lol.