Anyone Remember?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Doing a long overdue clean-up in my workshop this morning, I came across this old gadget I had purchased in '75 I believe....

Haven't used it in at least 15 years

Anyone who is not a trucker remember this?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
it looks kind of familiar but nope...it's eluding me.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Never used one but never had much use for a cb.
a trucker without a CB?
The first time I used it, was in Petrolia on the Pipeline on the ambulance in '75....I could receive everybody, but I had to be real close for anyone to receive me, except for the main office that had a tower...and I got fed up of having the office relay messages for me..so I bought that at a local radio shack ....after cutting a quarter inch off the whip I got from 3 to 1 reading to 2 to 1..
I stopped when I got real close to 1 to 1 and finally got the range I was looking for....
I kept the tool cause it would have cost the company more to bring in a radio man to fix it than the price of the tool..
I don't know what frequency they were running on but this works for all frequencies..

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
is it a phaser?

Yes.

a trucker without a CB?
The first time I used it, was in Petrolia on the Pipeline on the ambulance in '75....I could receive everybody, but I had to be real close for anyone to receive me, except for the main office that had a tower...and I got fed up of having the office relay messages for me..so I bought that at a local radio shack ....after cutting a quarter inch off the whip I got from 3 to 1 reading to 2 to 1..
I stopped when I got real close to 1 to 1 and finally got the range I was looking for....
I kept the tool cause it would have cost the company more to bring in a radio man to fix it than the price of the tool..
I don't know what frequency they were running on but this works for all frequencies..

Oh you don't really want a cb in Toronto.
I did have one for a time but it was mostly noise and arseholes in these parts.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I used to have a '71 LTD with a craig powerplay 8-track...I installed an extra heisenberg compensator from Radio Shack...one night we were camping up in Algonquin and had a bunch of O'Keefe's Extra Olde Stocks, popped in BTO's Not Fragile and blew up 3 fukkin' campsites. True story.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I used to have a '71 LTD with a craig powerplay 8-track...I installed an extra heisenberg compensator from Radio Shack...one night we were camping up in Algonquin and had a bunch of O'Keefe's Extra Olde Stocks, popped in BTO's Not Fragile and blew up 3 fukkin' campsites. True story.

Did they come over the next morning and throw granola on ya ?8O

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Wasn't a lot of granola munchers then. Around thst time we often had enough beer in a campground to make Octoberfest lok like afternoon tea.

I know eh. A couple of two-fours of warm Brador in the trunk and we were good for several hours.