Steam Summer Sale:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
It's that's time of year again where Steam holds its lucrative and sometimes insane sales on most of the games in their long list. Many games go from 50% off up to 90% off and if you time it right, you can be lucky to hit a Flash Sale where the game you've been looking at for a while drops down to a few bucks.

Every seasonal change they pull a sale like this for a week or so (Spring Sale / Fall Sale, Holiday Sale / Summer Sale) This current Summer Sale is almost over and runs from June 19th to the 30th.

Also during these events, Steam gives you a free "Trading Card" for every three votes you make on which games should be up in the next sale. Some people use these trading cards to craft things and can eventually lead to you getting free games over time.... but if you're like me, you can sell them to other players for actual money in your Steam Wallet and use that to either get a bigger discount on a game, of if you save it all up for near the end, you can possibly get a game or two free.

Purchasing games that come to a certain amount also allows you to have a trading card or two.

After selling a bunch of these cards to other chumps.... erm.... players.... I got one game for 36 cents.

For those of you who venture into gaming, use Steam a lot and tend to save your money for games for just these events to get some pretty good discounts, what are the games you purchased?

Myself? Well I always save a bit of money for just such occasions and picked the following:

Hitman: Blood Money
Game of Thrones
Far Cry 2
Payday: The Heist
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky
Shadowrun Returns

Regular Cost for the above would have tallied to $88.94

I actually payed $22.72 after selling trading cards in conjunction with the various sales.

http://store.steampowered.com/

For those of you gamers wanting to save some money on some games, old and new, now's the time.

I think of it as extreme couponing for PC games.