Windows 8.1

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I am sooo frustrated with this program I want to scream!

I am typing away and all of a sudden I cannot use the apostrophe nor can I use quotes.

I also can not seem to print a plain envelope without getting a bunch of printing on it that I do not want. The templates are supposed to be helpful but they are not!!!

We were hoping to get Windows 7 but apparently we were too late to purchase it so we are stuck with this crappy piece of I duuno what.

Any ideas on how to get my punctuation back would be appreciated. What I get is É for quotes and è for apostrophes.

Dixie

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I am sooo frustrated with this program I want to scream!

I am typing away and all of a sudden I cannot use the apostrophe nor can I use quotes.

I also can not seem to print a plain envelope without getting a bunch of printing on it that I do not want. The templates are supposed to be helpful but they are not!!!

We were hoping to get Windows 7 but apparently we were too late to purchase it so we are stuck with this crappy piece of I duuno what.

Any ideas on how to get my punctuation back would be appreciated. What I get is É for quotes and è for apostrophes.

Dixie
lol...you have turned the French accents on è press the ctrl key and the one above it simultaneously...that should turn it off.... I do it accidentally all the time...I would have to ask gerry every second day how to turn it off.... you can also go deeper into your system and turn the French keyboard off so that you don't activate it accidentally... I have never bothered

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
lol...you have turned the French accents on è press the ctrl key and the one above it simultaneously...that should turn it off.... I do it accidentally all the time...I would have to ask gerry every second day how to turn it off.... you can also go deeper into your system and turn the French keyboard off so that you don't activate it accidentally... I have never bothered

It happens on Vista as well. I have done it on more than one occasion, but I didn't know how to fix my mistake. Thanks to this thread, I now know how to fix it. Unfortunately, I'll probably forget about it.

I find XP a lot easier to use than W 8.1. It's taken a while but am finally getting used to the new system.

When I get my new computer, I have a feeling that I will miss XP greatly.