Bless their honky hearts

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That's scary stuff. Mental note: leave your tech behind at the next protest you attend.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yeah, yeah, we'll just see what happens the next time Old Medic responds to a necrothread. :D

Revenge is a dish best served cold. ;)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Like America its a nation split in two. The eastern half of the country supported by
the industrial regions of the country is supporting the government the western half
is supporting relations with the west. America has rural conservatism vs urban
and ethnic voters in high population areas.
In America they hold their government hostage in parliament in Ukraine they take to
the streets. I assume by all the burning tires environmentalism is not top of the agenda.
As for the message, what a silly thing to do. Its like running alcohol commercials on TV
on a Saturday night.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Like America its a nation split in two. The eastern half of the country supported by
the industrial regions of the country is supporting the government the western half
is supporting relations with the west. America has rural conservatism vs urban
and ethnic voters in high population areas.
In America they hold their government hostage in parliament in Ukraine they take to
the streets. I assume by all the burning tires environmentalism is not top of the agenda.
As for the message, what a silly thing to do. Its like running alcohol commercials on TV
on a Saturday night.
Interesting view, your grumpiness, however I don't quite get the whole intimidation aspect to "running alcohol commercials on TV
on a Saturday night." a bit like comparing apples to grenades if you ask me.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007

Merc, gotta ask, what's with the "honky" bit? Lol. You talkin' jive man? ;)

lol um... okay, so I grew up in tronna, right? and like, uh, it was mostly a mix of european immigrants together with those of british descent, and as with most groups of people they develop names for each other, sometimes disparaging, sometimes not, I guess it's all to do with context and the tone in which it's said, like, to refer to an italian as a wap might be easily dismissed, but if you call one a fkng wap ahole then you might expect to engender some ill feelings, to say the least. So anyway, to make a short story longer, 'honky' is what we called ukrainians. lots and lots of ukrainians. but aren't they a prolific lot? Hell, I didn't know 'til but a few decades back that blacks had been callin' whites 'honkies' all along. 'course back then, I think we may have had only 3 black kids in our high school of 1500 kids and they called the ukrainians honkies too!

go figger

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
lol um... okay, so I grew up in tronna, right? and like, uh, it was mostly a mix of european immigrants together with those of british descent, and as with most groups of people they develop names for each other, sometimes disparaging, sometimes not, I guess it's all to do with context and the tone in which it's said, like, to refer to an italian as a wap might be easily dismissed, but if you call one a fkng wap ahole then you might expect to engender some ill feelings, to say the least. So anyway, to make a short story longer, 'honky' is what we called ukrainians. lots and lots of ukrainians. but aren't they a prolific lot? Hell, I didn't know 'til but a few decades back that blacks had been callin' whites 'honkies' all along. 'course back then, I think we may have had only 3 black kids in our high school of 1500 kids and they called the ukrainians honkies too!

go figger

LOL. See I see or hear the word Honky and for me it conjures up every cheesy B-movie made in the 70s. All those Blackplotation films and what not. :D

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Honky?

As soon as Olympics are over Russia tanks are going to roll into Kyiv.

There's no need for that unless you're bent on settling old scores. Besides the money, huge amounts has begun to flow from Mother Russia's bosoms once again. It might be a tank race between the Axis of Illuminated NATO MASONS and reborn Russia, but only if the bankers get their way. The west will save them like we saved Iraq and Lybia. Nobody wants that except the vampire banking cult.

Reactions: 55Mercury