Divorced from Telus Mobile...

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I switched service provider yesterday, not because I was dissatisfied with the service, or had any conflict with them, but even talking to a supervisor, I could not get them to match the offer from Northern Tel, associate of Bell Canada.
I just couldn't pass up a ten dollar monthly saving, and for twice the data.
The extra bonus, I realised when I just called customer service just a few minutes ago to find out the billing cycle and when I will be receiving my first bill, which will be in about a week, since the cycle ends on the sixth, so I will be billed the usual month in advance and two days pro-rated...
But it's only after I hung up, that I realised that I didn't have to ask her to repeat a single word, in English or in French after she confirmed my name and address and I guess noticed my French accent.
The call center is undoubtedly local.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Telus will send you a bill for leaving them. Even though you probably never signed any contract with them they will tell you it is for leaving before your contract is up. In the phone book there is a number you can write , give them your lawyer's name and address and tell them to address any further communication to the lawyer. Even if you don't have a lawyer. They then will hound you to come back daily , even after you tell them not to call you. Until again you will have to find the complaints number and tell them to take your number off their list. By the way the callers will not have a French accent they are not even in Canada!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Telus will send you a bill for leaving them. Even though you probably never signed any contract with them they will tell you it is for leaving before your contract is up. In the phone book there is a number you can write , give them your lawyer's name and address and tell them to address any further communication to the lawyer. Even if you don't have a lawyer. They then will hound you to come back daily , even after you tell them not to call you. Until again you will have to find the complaints number and tell them to take your number off their list. By the way the callers will not have a French accent they are not even in Canada!

I have switched my number over to Northerntel, and a recorded conversation told me there was no cancellation fee, since I was not under contact with them, My IPhone was fully purchased for such independence from a contract....the same month to month with Nortel Mobility I get a lower rate.....
Sometimes, you have to pay for freedom.!

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I have switched my number over to Northerntel, and a recorded conversation told me there was no cancellation fee, since I was not under contact with them, My IPhone was fully purchased for such independence from a contract....the same month to month with Nortel Mobility I get a lower rate.....
Sometimes, you have to pay for freedom.!

Sometimes you pay and still don't get it.8O

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
They harrassed us for months telling us we owed them $124.00, we paid the actual phone bill part. After months my husband sent the letter advising them to send any further correspondence to our lawyer. The next day (fast mail) we got a message on our phone that we owed them nothing, they followed that with another message and a letter to that effect. Then several months later they sent us a check for the portion we figured was phone bill. Shortly there after the calls from out of the country came asking us to switch back, sometimes we got 2 a day. That took a while to resolve as well. We did not owe them for any contract, we had agreed to a 2 year contract verbally, and waited until that time was well past before switching to a cheaper phone, internet and TV provider.