Some people still get fooled by these Emails.......

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh, no!

Sleeper, if you clicked on that e-mail at all, it probably loaded a virus into your computer that will let hackers find out all your account numbers and passwords!

I can help you with that. Send me your account number and password by PM and I'll make sure you're secure.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Oh, no!

Sleeper, if you clicked on that e-mail at all, it probably loaded a virus into your computer that will let hackers find out all your account numbers and passwords!

I can help you with that. Send me your account number and password by PM and I'll make sure you're secure.
I don't store any passwords in my PC....but I deleted my post just in case someone else does...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yankee toilet

big laugh here!

Oh, no!

Would a credit card number and SSN help as well?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Deleted or not the phone bank emails do not compare to some of the emails that get sent out to small business owners from "Canada Revenue Agency"...who never, ever, ever communicates by email. I've had them forwarded from clients and even though I know it's fraudulent, I still have to do a double take because they are just that good.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Deleted or not the phone bank emails do not compare to some of the emails that get sent out to small business owners from "Canada Revenue Agency"...who never, ever, ever communicates by email. I've had them forwarded from clients and even though I know it's fraudulent, I still have to do a double take because they are just that good.

[/FONT]

Never got one of those yet...... and I check all links provided before clicking on them (right click then properties) against this site Online Virus Scanner - Scan Links for Malware, Trojans and Viruses
But you can separate the real from the fake business sites ...the real ones start with https:

Edit: I do get emails from Master Card, My bill comes by e-mail, I also get alerts that I set myself, if my purchases have exceeded a set amount and a few more,
I also get prompted periodically to change my password after I've logged in.

Last edited:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Never got one of those yet...... and I check all links provided before clicking on them (right click then properties) against this site Online Virus Scanner - Scan Links for Malware, Trojans and Viruses
But you can separate the real from the fake business sites ...the real ones start with https:

My dear wife got taken by a virus scanner, and we had to go get the computer cleaned.

I said there's already a virus scanner in our software..........................too late....she clicked.

Our security system said it had found a Trojan, but quarentined it, but we should get rid of the software. But, the system didin't know which software contained the Trojan.

I'm hoping it doesn't have a key to the jail.

If I had some time I'd do some reading up. Maybe when someone shows up with a deed to our house.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

These are really, really good though, I can honestly see how people would fall for them. The CRA used to have some examples up on their website but I guess they took them down because I can't find them.

I think they get sent to small businesses mostly, they'd be the most likely to probably fall for it because they do seem legit on the surface.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My dear wife got taken by a virus scanner, and we had to go get the computer cleaned.

I said there's already a virus scanner in our software..........................too late....she clicked.

Our security system said it had found a Trojan, but quarentined it, but we should get rid of the software. But, the system didin't know which software contained the Trojan.

I'm hoping it doesn't have a key to the jail.

If I had some time I'd do some reading up. Maybe when someone shows up with a deed to our house.
That link is not a virus scanner....you copy and paste a link that you received onto that site and it checks the website for you and reports if it's safe or not...

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
That link is not a virus scanner....you copy and paste a link that you received onto that site and it checks the website for you and reports if it's safe or not...

Gotcha, wuz just relating what happened to our resident computer genius.......(me:-()

Trojan is still in jail last time I checked.

I don't open anything which purports to "help" me, without my request that they help.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Once you "click"... you let it in. KA BOOM!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Besides my regular antivirus, I used to also have Malwarebytes on my PC and also on my wife's pc, but malwarebytes free edition didn't have automatic scan
So after I had installed Microsoft security essentials on mine, before I put it on my wife's pc I ran a scan with malwarebytes and it didn't find anything, so after uninstalling it, because it interferes with security essentials' automatic daily scans I scanned her pc and it found a couple of low level spyware....but it did quarantine stuff that malewarebytes and AVG had missed...