Replying

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I have a great memory but it is really short. I'm sure I used to know how to do this but I can't member no more. How do you split up a post when replying to it?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I have a great memory but it is really short. I'm sure I used to know how to do this but I can't member no more. How do you split up a post when replying to it?

Do you mean isolating part of a post in a quote box so you can reply to individual sentences or paragraphs? What's it worth to you?

Just kidding.

The word quote in square brackets at the beginning of the part you want to isolate and /quote (with the back slash) also in square brackets at the end.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Tonington posted this.

{QUOTE=Derp;12121212} This is Derpy derp derp. {/quote} If you just want to quote part of someone's post, and don't care about the blue text and orange arrow linking back to the post, just make sure that your quote has two open and two closed square brackets. Again with replacing [ with { and ] with }, make sure you have this:

{quote} Text you wish to quote {/quote} The {/quote} closes the quote. If you are missing the brackets, it can end up looking like this:

Tutorial - How to Quote a Forum Post - PhilosophyForum.com - YouTube!

Tutorial - How to Multi-Quote PhilosophyForum.com - YouTube