a permanent manned colony on the moon by 2020

AyameTaylor

Nominee Member
Oct 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
According to an article I have read On the Yahoo News Site, Gingrich Former house speaker plans to have America once again leading the pack in to the ambitious adventure that is space flight. Openly brandishing the "grandiose" Plans that America will have a Manned Permanent colony on the Moon By 2020, and "It Will Be American" Just further stressed the point that American's Head is too far in the clouds.

When will the nation's government come to terms with the idea that Bad-Boy-Big-Brother, Or B.B.B.B for short; Isn't the Tanked-out-muscle "Jar Head" nation it once was during World War One and the later bits of World War Two?

I see a continuation of the behavior that sparks Conspiratorial theory's round the world that says that America must own everything.

Why doesn't the government worry about the problems here on earth before they start the treck out in to the universe; Simply put, you have to learn to keep your room clean as a child or as an adult your not going to see much of a floor as an adult.

Here's the News Article that i found; Anyone else have anything to add?

Gingrich Space Plan Promises The Moon, Literally: Lunar Base by 2020

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I think a dent in (to borrow JLM's term) Noot Gangene's plan is the small matter of USA debt. What's his plans for that?
Noot's just like other Reps in that he seems to plan for all kinds of external activities to take people's minds off his inabilities to deal with the internal difficulties. I see a growing debt under him, and more internal grief if he pops up with projects like this.
Unfortunately, Although China isn't really in a position to cause much financial trouble with the USA, I don't think China likes to sit still with the status quo like the US does and it will continue to forge ahead and may sometime in the future, call the US debt in. And that would cause all kinds of grief in Yankeeland.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
If they tried they can probably get a manned mission to the moon by 2020. Permanent? Not a chance in that time frame. Its not a priority. No one is going to elect someone with this goal given the current situation.

AyameTaylor

Nominee Member
Oct 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Here is a question that i think should be posed; If we where to get a Manned Mission to the moon by 2020 and have a permanent lunar base; Then who would be responsible for governing it? In all honesty Are we going to be cutting up the moon in to the political pie the world has been eating since territories have been established?

IN all honesty; What i want to know- assuming this does happen, How would people lay claim over the moon? Would the world accept the U.s.a. being in charge? Or would the world fight over it? Please explain your answer- Highly interesting topic for me.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
perhaps they should first figure out how to bioform and terraform the moon.:):cool:

AyameTaylor

Nominee Member
Oct 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
perhaps they should first figure out how to bioform and terraform the moon.:):cool:

Ah but here is the problem, It was established a LONG time ago that by adding mass to the moon it will disrupt the balance of nature here on earth. Our basic living needs are pulled and pushed by the moon's cycle. Tides, Weather, Pressure systems Ect. are controlled by the moon gravitational pull. So by putting a Manned station on the moon is a BAD idea to begin with.... just a thought.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Nonsense; the mass of a manned station would be a negligible percentage of the moon's mass.
A better question is, "Does the US have the technological capacity to put a manned mission on the moon, let alone a station?" It is decades away unless it is a joint venture with other nations such as China, Russia, Europe (ESA), Japan, Canada, etc.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Nonsense; the mass of a manned station would be a negligible percentage of the moon's mass.
A better question is, "Does the US have the technological capacity to put a manned mission on the moon, let alone a station?" It is decades away unless it is a joint venture with other nations such as China, Russia, Europe (ESA), Japan, Canada, etc.
I think the response was to the bioforming and terraforming of the moon. That would add considerable mass. With the NWO soon upon us, I can see a one world government able to pull this off sooner that any one nation could.

AyameTaylor

Nominee Member
Oct 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Oh Right... God, I did sound like an Idoit.

In that respect.

Would a One world government work? On Paper it looks nice and shiney. But at the end of the day, Humanity is not at a point where one world government would be a productive society and not turn in to an apparent Dictatorship. Unfortunately Humanity needs opposition, and at current we don't have a UFO invasion to be our opposition.

In stead of a One world government united; Why not have a Two Government system that continuiously Checks one another. Keeps each other in line. Of course it would be flawed, but nothing created by human-kind is perfect. In this, if it where to come about (Obviously after laying a foundation of blood as seems to be a historical custom).

With today's Technology, why isn't the idea of a manned space-station on the moon something conceivable? Science Fiction has been laying the ground work of plotting and planning for what is Believable? If we can control and evade Debrise in space with our satilights, and have manned stations in earths orbit, what is the difference of starting one on the moon?

It's a matter of jurisdiction over who own's it. Unless the split government application there in applies, and then again the division of the lunar base would be more of an embassy of Terrestrial and Universe living peoples.

Just a thought, or five lol

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
IN all honesty; What i want to know- assuming this does happen, How would people lay claim over the moon? Would the world accept the U.s.a. being in charge? Or would the world fight over it? Please explain your answer- Highly interesting topic for me.

IF the US had a manned base on the moon... IF... unless another country was up there with us I doubt anyone would have a say.

Would the world fight over it? Like have a war on earth because we have a moon base and won't let anyone else be in charge?

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
The US has the technical capability of doing this, in much less than 8 years. BUT, it would take an enormous amount of effort, and money, to do this.

Keep in mind that the USA went from an inability to put a man in orbit, to having men walk on the moon in less than 9 years. They have the capability, the question is, do they have the will?

If they don't, then some other country (likely China) will. The future of mankind lies in the Stars. More things to benefit man on earth came out of the Moon program, than any other single effort in history. It was not just Tang.

The NWO is a figment of the imagination of the paranoid.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
May be a good site for high security prisons, probably should be phased in slowly starting with crooked politicians, until all the "wrinkles" are worked out. It would discourage any thoughts of day parole! :lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
IF the US had a manned base on the moon... IF... unless another country was up there with us I doubt anyone would have a say.

Would the world fight over it? Like have a war on earth because we have a moon base and won't let anyone else be in charge?

Nah, just call 'dibs'. That's recognized in international law isn't it? ;)

AyameTaylor

Nominee Member
Oct 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I can honestly see people pitching a fit over the Newly established borders because it gives one nation the ability to by pass national security and countermeasures would be taken. I don't know, All i know is why do the Americans (at least their government) feel they are entitled to everything? Seriously Flock off.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
The US has the technical capability of doing this, in much less than 8 years. BUT, it would take an enormous amount of effort, and money, to do this.

Keep in mind that the USA went from an inability to put a man in orbit, to having men walk on the moon in less than 9 years. They have the capability, the question is, do they have the will?

If they don't, then some other country (likely China) will. The future of mankind lies in the Stars. More things to benefit man on earth came out of the Moon program, than any other single effort in history. It was not just Tang.

The NWO is a figment of the imagination of the paranoid.

The goood thing about going to the Moon thse days is that it has water. That means growing food which will save a ton of transport money- it costs $20,000 a pound to ship anything to space. Plus water is needed for fuel to travel to other planets and asteroids. Some parts of the Moon are wetter than the Sahara desert.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
According to an article I have read On the Yahoo News Site, Gingrich Former house speaker plans to have America once again leading the pack in to the ambitious adventure that is space flight. Openly brandishing the "grandiose" Plans that America will have a Manned Permanent colony on the Moon By 2020, and "It Will Be American" Just further stressed the point that....

Huh...does this guy (with a two term max) expect to be sitting in the
big-boy chair still in 2020? I'd be much more interested in what he
promises in the first term assuming he gets elected in November,
before what might happen at the end of a second term when he
hasn't acheived a first term.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Huh...does this guy (with a two term max) expect to be sitting in the
big-boy chair still in 2020? I'd be much more interested in what he
promises in the first term assuming he gets elected in November,
before what might happen at the end of a second term when he
hasn't acheived a first term.

Exactly Ron

The other thing is, are the Americans going to sink a bunch of money into a
very ambitious space program any time soon? I'm guessing we might see
something like that in about forty years if the Americans can get their finances
sorted out here on Earth.