Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 expected to break sales records

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Overrated series of the century.

I'll take Battlefield over this any day of the week.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Wife and I are avid gamers but we prefer action/strategy to first person shooters. 14 yr old in the house is salivating over the commercials though, as he was over the new Battlefield ones.

Overrated series of the century.

I'll take Battlefield over this any day of the week.
I heard they had some major server issues at launch. Again, not my type of game but coming from other genres, I want to be able to access the online play if thats what the game hinges on...

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Do yourself a favour and save your money if you only own a console. Buy Battlefield: Bad Company 2 instead and don't bother with any other military shooter - past, present or future. The genre as a whole is pretty shyte.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Meh, most of my friends are going crazy today..... Im going to go watch the Panther smash the leafs tonight and mabye play some civilization beyond the sword mabye....

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
XDDDDD

all you need is one shooter. I've been playing the same one Online for 10 years lol.
People keep making new maps for them. Save yourself some money.

Hey Petro! what I would give for a good old game of Risk. =)

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
XDDDDD

all you need is one shooter. I've been playing the same one Online for 10 years lol.
People keep making new maps for them. Save yourself some money.

Hey Petro! what I would give for a good old game of Risk. =)

Well, if you are happy with ancient graphics and gameplay, sure, that works.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Risk is for babies.

Risk is awesome. It was and still is. Far more to it than most FPS games out there, which rely on twitch reflexes, superior internet connections and cheat codes to prevail in increasingly unlikely scenarios. Don't get me wrong: I used to play Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem and Castle Wolfenstien back in the day, and the teenager in the house is into Gears of War, Modern Warfare (in its forms), Halo et al, but there isn't a lot of depth to the games. Too often the deciding factor in multiplayer maps is experience with that map.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I kid. Risk is indeed awesome.

For the videogame side of it, I really enjoy the Civilization games.