Google no longer relevant as a search engine

Tony The Bot

Electoral Member
Nov 2, 2009
Cyberland
www.canadiancontent.net
Posted via Canadian Content

Google no longer relevant as a search engine, according to Google search results.

Dogpile who?

For years, Google has dominated the search market and until recently, held the position of top dog in most of the world including their home market in the United States. But with the arrival of Microsoft's Bing we've seen a change in browsing habits on the Internet.

Read More >>

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
I have Bing, it came in on a update because I never asked. But I don't like Bing, when I click sites it keeps giving me a window saying cannot find server. Maybe I am doing something wrong but it really bugs me.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Google no longer relevant as a search engine, according to Google search results.

Dogpile who?

For years, Google has dominated the search market and until recently, held the position of top dog in most of the world including their home market in the United States. But with the arrival of Microsoft's Bing we've seen a change in browsing habits on the Internet.

Read More >>

It's relevant enough for me. It gets the job done and I am content with it as a whole. I have no desire to try Bing at all.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
But we all get different search results from Joogle. How do people form a consensus if they can't read the same articles?

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
did you just use google to prove that google wast relevant? isn't that a conflict of interest?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Google is far more than just a search engine now...videos with YouTube, email with Gmail, blogging with the Blogger network, Google Earth and Google maps, a useful scholar search function, heck even Googling is in the lexicon now. They will be releasing Google+ soon, like Facebook except without all the privacy issues that Facebook has run into.

Google has brand recognition that others wished they had.

There are so many internet savvy out there now, very few need to use a search engine to find a search engine....Google trends search for "search engine":

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
with gmail, google calendar, google tasks, google docs, I've been using them for several years because I enjoy the advantages of what has now become known as the internet cloud. In the course of a normal week, i find myself sitting in front of 8 different computers in 3 locations, plus 1 mobile phone and 1 laptop. If I didn't use google apps, it would probably have to use something like salesforce.com but frankly, I hadn't heard of salesforce.com until last month.

J_Hay

Electoral Member
Mar 21, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I doubt I'll ever not use Google.

If only for the multiple services alongside the actual search engine, Google maps has actually saved my as from getting lost once.. a mildly unpleasant experience.

Bing....needs to stay away from my pc.. I like it as much as I like that one no-one remembers, you know.. the one with the inundating waves of advertisments?

Either way, unless Google screws up majorly somehow, I plan on continuing my usage.

PS: Having a choice in what search engine I get to use is also a huge part.. having to use something bundled is no fun..
~cough cough~ AOL ~cough~

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Dogpile who?

Read More >>

Works excellent for me and the results are generally very reliable.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Bing is a good search engine but it was far too late to the game, Google has far too much traction to be affected by Bing. One just needs to look at the Android Mobile Operating System, for every phone sold, it's another person buying into the Google ecosystem. It's all about mobile now...

J_Hay

Electoral Member
Mar 21, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Bing is a good search engine but it was far too late to the game, Google has far too much traction to be affected by Bing. One just needs to look at the Android Mobile Operating System, for every phone sold, it's another person buying into the Google ecosystem. It's all about mobile now...
Agreed, reminds me of when the first iProduct came out.