Women's World Championship Curling - Team Canada

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Team Canada: Right to left - Amber Holland, Kim Schneider, Tammy Schneider and Heather Kalenchuk​

Team Canada beat Team China in the semi-final of Capitol One's World Women's Curling Championship in Esbjerg, Denmark today. They will advance to the Gold Medal game against Sweden on Sunday. Amber Holland's rink was the first since 1985 to earn a spot in the Gold Medal final by winning a tie-breaker.​

This is quite an accomplishment for the team from Kroneau, Sask who won the right to represent Canada after solidly beating Jennifer Jones at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts. They have played consistently throughout the tournie under the excellent skills of skip Amber, the fantastic brushing ability of Tammy and Heather and many great surgical take-outs by Kim.​

I wish the team well tomorrow. They have done Canada proud. GO, TEAM CANADA, GO!​

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia

Team Canada: Right to left - Amber Holland, Kim Schneider, Tammy Schneider and Heather Kalenchuk​

Team Canada beat Team China in the semi-final of Capitol One's World Women's Curling Championship in Esbjerg, Denmark today. They will advance to the Gold Medal game against Sweden on Sunday. Amber Holland's rink was the first since 1985 to earn a spot in the Gold Medal final by winning a tie-breaker.​

This is quite an accomplishment for the team from Kroneau, Sask who won the right to represent Canada after solidly beating Jennifer Jones at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts. They have played consistently throughout the tournie under the excellent skills of skip Amber, the fantastic brushing ability of Tammy and Heather and many great surgical take-outs by Kim.​

I wish the team well tomorrow. They have done Canada proud. GO, TEAM CANADA, GO!​

Well I would not say they have been "consistant". Pretty rocky there at the start of the week. Understandable--- huge case of bad nerves no doubt. They seem to do well in the later going. Hope they can start off in the final with a couple good ends and then do what they have been doing in the last half. The oposition has been there for so many years that she will be tough to beat.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well I would not say they have been "consistant". Pretty rocky there at the start of the week. Understandable--- huge case of bad nerves no doubt. They seem to do well in the later going. Hope they can start off in the final with a couple good ends and then do what they have been doing in the last half. The oposition has been there for so many years that she will be tough to beat.

You are right, they did start out fairly shakey but seemed to pick up and get a better understanding of the ice as the games went on. They had some luck with teams that couldn't adjust as well but they did improve over the length of the tourney.

They will bring home a Silver Medal after Amber's last rock came up short and Sweden won by a point - not bad for rookies. I sure am proud of them.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They certainly aren't the the purdiest gals from SK that's for sure.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh China eh? Now I know why every town in SK has a Chinese restaurant.