Riders vs Alouettes in 98th Grey Cup, Edmonton, AB

Chiliagon
it's all set! the Rematch is all here! The Riders and the Alouettes will battle it out next Sunday!

big game coming!

Chiliagon
Day 1.. nothing yet. players don't arrive until Tuesday..

Spade
Fumble or down by contact. Gawd, where's that two-headed coin?

Chiliagon
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Fumble or down by contact. Gawd, where's that two-headed coin?

replays show he was down.

Cannuck
Oh Gawd....not another week of idiot Rider fans. I was hoping to enjoy the game at the local pub. Looks like I'll have to stay home now. I have so little patience for slobbering (and probably crying) drunks with watermelons on their heads.

Spade
Hold your temper, Cannuck! Count to thirteen!

Chiliagon
it's ok to be Jealous!

Spade

YouTube - Too Much Rider Pride

coldstream
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Oh Gawd....not another week of idiot Rider fans. I was hoping to enjoy the game at the local pub. Looks like I'll have to stay home now. I have so little patience for slobbering (and probably crying) drunks with watermelons on their heads.

Yeah.. but they've got to better than Argonaut fans, who are just a little too 'sophisticated' and 'world class' to show up at all. So bring your watermelons.. and green war paint.. have a good time. .

I hope the Riders take this one.. just on 'they are due' grounds. But Montreal looks all but unbeatable. We'll see!

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by ChiliagonView Post

it's ok to be Jealous!

No jealousy here. I'm not much of a CFL fan. I haven't watched a full game all year and I don't really care who wins. I would just rather not watch the game surrounded by idiots. For the same reason, I wouldn't be able to stand the Leaves in the cup final.

Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

But Montreal looks all but unbeatable. We'll see!

Fifty points against the leagues best defense supports your statement.

Chiliagon
if anyone says the Riders don't have a chance this time, truly needs to look in the mirror.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by ChiliagonView Post

if anyone says the Riders don't have a chance this time, truly needs to look in the mirror.

They have a chance. It is the CFL. Any team can beat any team on any given day. That said, their chances aren't good. It's Montreal's Cup to lose.

Chiliagon
Partying is underway!.. I can hear it behind me, outside my office window..

looks like they're having fun!

wulfie68
I remember watching the Grasshoppers lose a game they had no business being in, last time they played in a Grey Cup in Commonwealth. This one seems to be much the same. I'm not saying they have no chance, but its small. I hope they can do it because I am tired of Eastern teams taking our hardware home from Commonwealth.

Damn I hope my Eskies are a lot better next year...

Mowich
I wonder how many fans in Commonwealth stadium will be counting the number of players on the field each time our Riders hit the turf on Sunday. More than a few, I would think. It seems to be all that TSN can talk about these days they even made it the Top Craziest Moment in CFL history. By now players on both sides along with their coaches must be sick to death of hearing about it. I know I was until I decided to take the title back where it belongs with us the fans. Apparently I am not alone in doing so, as many fans have embraced the 13th man slogan again. This time around the 13th man will be firmly in the stands bedevilling the Alouettes and howling loudly for our Riders Gaia willing.

GO GREEN AND WHITE! GO, RIDERS, GO! ROCK ON RIDER NATION