First CFL game in 2010 is a fantastic one!

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
So my amazing Riders won a crazy Double OT game 54-51! over the defending Cup Champion Alouettes! :D

I am so happy and pumped! I didn't get a chance to watch most of the game, so I am watching it now on TSN.

It was quite a game and it's an awesome way to start a CFL season!!! :happy7:

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
that's pretty pathetic, comparing the province of Saskatchewan with Pakistan.. don't you have any respect for people? or places?

and who cares about that, they won! so they got the last laugh!

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
I'm upset that you're referring Saskatchewan as Saskatistan, that's very shrewd and you should be ashamed. btw, I have reported you for using terminology like that.

Loser!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Third highest scoring game in the CFL - ever!

Fantastic way to open the season. And yeah, the 13th man came back to haunt us but we had the time to correct the mistake and go on to defeat the Grey Cup Champs.

Darian had 402 passing yards compared to Anthony's 333 which clearly answered any remaining questions about his ability to lead the team.

The opening half saw Darian, Wes Cates and Weston Dressler almost carry the team while Montreal wracked up points. We were down 14 pts at the half and things were not looking good.

Don't know what Ken said to the guys during the break, but they came out in the third quarter and except for a few mistakes, never really looked back. Darian found our newest receiver, Prechae Rodriquez who made a super catch, eluded his cover and danced into the end zone for the TD that started to turn the tide. The rest of the Riders receiving core finally got to show their stuff with Fantuz, Bagg, and Getzlaf scoring TDs while the defence managed to hold the Als to a tie which took us into OT.

First OT period ended with a tie and then we were in to the second OT. Montreal was held to a field goal while the Riders went on to scoring the winning TD as well as the now mandatory 2-point conversion.

Darian Durant's performance last night was inspiring, cool in the pocket with Montreal's defense breathing down his neck, quick in his ability to evade their grasping hands, and fast on the ground to get first downs, and finallly get across for a major. Darian gave us fans everything we asked of him and more and I couldn't be happier or prouder for him.

Hamilton and Winnipeg play later today and BC meets Edmonton for their season opener tomorrow.

GO, RIDERS, GO!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
When the Al's coach made the stupid decision to go for it on 3rd down just before halftime I said to myself he will regret this. Sure enough, if he had kicked the field goal they would've have won by that score in regular time. If I was a sports radio jockey in Montreal I'd be having fun today kicking him around.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Riderville.com | Official Site of the Saskatchewan Roughriders

Take a good, unbiased and objective look at the Riders' roster.

Then take good, unbiased and objrctive look at the Alouettes roster.

CBC.ca Sports

Why is this called CANADIAN Football Leauge?

so what do you suggest, that they 'fold' and not have a CFL league at all.
It works the same, but opposite in hockey, makes for a much more enjoyable and successful league.
There are not enough canadaian born players to make a high quality league such as the CFL, and in the
states, there are not enough american born players to make a high quality enough hockey league, just enjoy
it, who cares.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Riderville.com | Official Site of the Saskatchewan Roughriders

Take a good, unbiased and objective look at the Riders' roster.

Then take good, unbiased and objrctive look at the Alouettes roster.

CBC.ca Sports

Why is this called CANADIAN Football Leauge?
When you look at the roster look at the import/non-import area, rather than the school. Many Canadians play college ball in the US.

The game is played in Canada under Canadian rules. And like Talloola said, who cares what it`s called.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
When the Al's coach made the stupid decision to go for it on 3rd down just before halftime I said to myself he will regret this. Sure enough, if he had kicked the field goal they would've have won by that score in regular time. If I was a sports radio jockey in Montreal I'd be having fun today kicking him around.

The TSN guys were talking about this tonight before the game, apparently neither Cavillo nor Trestman thought it was 3rd down?????

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I checked with justin.tv and to this point no one has streamed any CFL matches. Nor has anyone indicated willingness to do the same. I briefly checked ustream but found nothing there as well. Such is life.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Apparently the game was on the NFL network down south. (not sure where that channel is found)

The TSN guys were talking about this tonight before the game, apparently neither Cavillo nor Trestman thought it was 3rd down?????
That makes sense because the decision was nonsensical.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Bombers Rock!!! Saskatistan melon heads only wish they had a comparable history to the Blue and Gold.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Bombers Rock!!! Saskatistan melon heads only wish they had a comparable history to the Blue and Gold.

I was truly happy to see the Bombers perform so well last night, Cannuck. With the addition of Buck Pierce and his running and passing ability, they look to significantly improve their record over last season.

You might want to thank Sask for the coaching ability of Paul LaPolice though.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Buck should be ok for a few games, then the shoulder will fall apart.