Canadian Junior Men's Hockey Team

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
For the ninth year in a row, the Canadian Men’s Junior Hockey team will meet either the US or Sweden in the Gold Medal game. Canada beat the Swiss team 6 to 1, in what I thought was a game dominated by Canada.

Late in the game, the Swiss drew a 5-minute penalty when a Canadian player was injured after being driven into the boards. He was taken off the ice and immediately into the dressing room. The penalty was a moot point with only seconds remaining on the score clock.

EH! O’ CANADA, GO!
:canada:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The Swiss hung around but were out of their league.

It seemed to me that our team spent an inordinate amount of time on the Swiss side of the ice or, right next to the Swiss net. I also thought that the ability of our team to get the puck away from the Swiss and then manipulate it between players, was really cool. At rare times they almost looked choreographed - they were so in sync.

If I remember correctly, we only drew 5 penalties during the game, apparently that was waaaay too many according to their coach. I did notice that the entire third period was penalty free after the coach was said to have 'talked' to the team.

Go Juniors! I am proud of you young men. Go Canada. :canada:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Yeah, I understand the coach feels that no more than 4 power plays to the opposing team per game. And Eberle's penalty in the second was pathetic and unnecessary.

So he gave them a bit of a lecture, and they responded well.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
That has to be the most lame cheer anyone could ever come up with.

I was not too happy with it either, but it is the 'official' Pepsi Canada cheer and I do hear the fans using though not quite as much as the Pepsi ads would have us believe.

I tried and tried to get on the Pepsi site so I could vote for a cheer but had no luck and finally gave up.

This was my choice.

C...Eh...N... Eh...D...Eh
GO! CANADA! GO!

I know, pretty lame too, but what the heck anything that unites people in a common cause can't be all that bad. :canada:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It seemed to me that our team spent an inordinate amount of time on the Swiss side of the ice or, right next to the Swiss net. I also thought that the ability of our team to get the puck away from the Swiss and then manipulate it between players, was really cool. At rare times they almost looked choreographed - they were so in sync.

If I remember correctly, we only drew 5 penalties during the game, apparently that was waaaay too many according to their coach. I did notice that the entire third period was penalty free after the coach was said to have 'talked' to the team.

Go Juniors! I am proud of you young men. Go Canada. :canada:

At times it was like watching the Harlem Globetrotters versus the Washington Generals.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The American team is reaaaaaaaaly good at the counter-attack. Canada needs a goal quick, build some momentum again...

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
US was a class act and are great champions. Congrats to the US.