Canada falls to Poland

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Canada falls to Poland>

Canada’s national men’s soccer team got a taste of some Polish home cooking on Wednesday, falling 1-0 in an international friendly played in Bydgoszcz.
Polish midfielder Maciej Rybus fired the game’s only goal in the first half beyond Canadian keeper Lars Hirschfeld.
“It is a very different challenge playing in Europe than in Canada,” said Canadian head coach Stephen Hart. “The game here is much quicker and the playing conditions are different. We knew coming into this game that Poland was very strong at home, as they lost only one home match during FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
“Today, we learned a lot about what is necessary for us to play at the international level."
The Canadians held their own throughout the match and nearly beat Polish goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak, who stopped a Jaime Peters shot in the game’s 27th minute and stood his ground the rest of the match.
Hirschfeld was solid for the Canadians, and kept the game within reach in the 54th minute, when he tipped a shot by Dariusz Dudka over the crossbar.
“I thought Rybus and (Ludovic) Obraniak were very good for Poland in the first half,” said Hart. “Defensively, we struggled to deal with Poland’s movement. At times we gave Dariusz Dudka too much room in the midfield. Those three players controlled the midfield in the match today.”
Defender Paul Stalteri made his 79th appearance with the Canadian team, moving into second place on the all-time list. Randy Samuel tops the list with 82 appearances.
© Copyright (c) Canwest News Service

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Congrats, Poland. The world admires as you beat a country not exactly known for its soccer skills.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
The world admires as you beat a country not exactly known for its soccer skills.[/QUOTE
What are some other skills that you are known for ?
You lived in China. You mentioned something about moving to some other country. Don't know where, don't care. I don't see you rushing back home to Poland. Is this latest crack the best you have? Canada is hockey. Hockey is Canada. Do they play hockey in Poland?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
If Poland were to gather up enough people in hockey to challenge us? Would it be enough to beat us Or would Poland have to gather other players from slovakia and russia to stand a chance against us?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
If you do a google search or check IMDb.com you'll find lots of the actors you think are American, are actually Canadian.
Why majority of them aren't a Canadian citizens and why are they working in America ,ah ? eh ? whatever .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
You lived in China.
Yes, I have

You mentioned something about moving to some other country.
Yes, I have
Don't know where, don't care.
Tell you anyhow ...Australia.
I don't see you rushing back home to Poland.
So........................................?
Is this latest crack the best you have?
Have better ......!
Canada is hockey. Hockey is Canada.
Canada is more than just hockey...
Do they play hockey in Poland?
Yes ,and in the NHL, sometimes;-)

Last edited:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

Mike Stivic should be happy.
\
He wasn't a meat head polack- he was a dam Democrat .