Calling all CFL Fans

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Anyone interested in predicting the weekend Semi-Finals??? Any takers?

I am cheering for Edmonton and Hamilton.

Who are you cheering for? :?:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The Vikings and the Saints should win without even showing up. The Chargers and the Bengals will win as well.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Who knows what Lions team will show up. Chances are they'll get killed. But if Printers stays in the game anything can happen.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
wulfie68, you have that right. Edmonton has its QB problems too. Will Rickie Ray be the star he can be or will he fold as he has in so many games this year. Will BC get their act together, play like a CFL team, forget the sacks and simply move the ball? Who knows, but I will be watching every minute and cheering the Esks all the way.

Kreskin, kind of covered BC when answering wulfie68, but am not and never have been a fan of BC. Their coach, whom I disrespectfully call 'Guano' has never done much for me. He reminds me of a Tony Soprano wanna be, and his defence reflects that. Personally? I think it would be sweet music if after winning the all-time-winningest coach award, BC tanked in this weekends game.

But then, that's just my opinion. ;-)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I like the CFL, I watch all the games I can. Montreal will kill all the cannon fodder. Except BC, they will win the Grey Cup.

No way, no how, not this season. BC is gonna be so badly tromped by the Esks that their tails will be stripped when they tuck them between their legs and slink off home. :lol::lol:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
BC has way too many problems to fix overnight. The offensive line can't protect their qb's or get them 6 inches on a third down. The linebackers don't fill the holes against the run. If a team can't block or stop the run it's pretty difficult to win. On the other hand, Printers is a different person than we was in his old Lions and Ti-Cat days. Yet he can still blow a game open if he scrambles and connects with a pretty good receiving core.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
BC has way too many problems to fix overnight. The offensive line can't protect their qb's or get them 6 inches on a third down. The linebackers don't fill the holes against the run. If a team can't block or stop the run it's pretty difficult to win. On the other hand, Printers is a different person than we was in his old Lions and Ti-Cat days. Yet he can still blow a game open if he scrambles and connects with a pretty good receiving core.

You are right to a degree about Printers, but for my money he is way too prone for the Hail Mary pass and reminds me a lot of Bishop at times. As much as I can't stand Guano, I really really like Paris Jackson and Geroy Simon they are something to behold when their QB is on. I just wish they played for another team.

Stopping the run and blocking are two things that have plagued the Lions all season which I find really strange as they have a pretty good line-backing core. I put the fault, again, on their highly deficient coach. :lol:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
He's definitely prone to the Hail Mary but it did get him a league MVP. Plus, if he gets a team chasing him all game anything can happen.

I don't blame Wally directly. I think their D-coach will get canned in the off season.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I pick Calgary to win, love Henry Burris.

Also the lions, I will be a loyal fan, and leave logic out of it for today.
They had days this season where they looked awsome, maybe Sunday will
be one of those days, and they didn't even have Casey then, they were going
with Buck Pierce and Jerious Jackson, neither one, in my opinion is a starting
quarterback, and I think Pierce should go home.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I pick Calgary to win, love Henry Burris.

Also the lions, I will be a loyal fan, and leave logic out of it for today.
They had days this season where they looked awsome, maybe Sunday will
be one of those days, and they didn't even have Casey then, they were going
with Buck Pierce and Jerious Jackson, neither one, in my opinion is a starting
quarterback, and I think Pierce should go home.

Have to agree with you about Hank, talloola. I have admired him a lot. He comes across as such a nice person in interviews and on the field displays moments of absolute brilliance.

Also agree with you about Pierce. If he takes one more bad hit, he could be out for the remainder of his career. Couldn't understand the decision to play him on that short yardage play where he was creamed and pulled from the game. What were the coaches thinking???

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Pierce has been so worried about his job he has, at times, understated the seriousness of his injuries. The concussion being one. Chances are he told Wally he was ready when he wasn't, and just hoped for the best. Also, the other choice was Champion who's rustier than a nail in a bottle of coke.

Pierce will be gone. If they keep him past January he gets a $300k bonus.

Next year I can see Printers (starter) and Jackson (backup). Jackson is good coming off the bench because he has the strongest arm in the league, and when coming off the bench a team generally needs a ton of passing production to make a comeback.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Countdown to Semi-Final Games

YEE HAW! Let the games begin, I am more than ready!!

TSN programmed to start for pre-game show - check
All the animals fed and cared for - check
Woodstove stoked and burning well - check
Snacks and drinks ready - check
Phone by my side for calls from friends and family - check
Prayers to Gaia that the power stays on - check

Okay, I think I am ready now. Yeah CFL. And the best of luck to all the teams ( well maybe not BC ;-)) May they provide us with the edge-of-our-seat games that we love so much.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
BC seems to be hamstrung on the QB situation, so the odds are with
Hamilton.

The West is anyone's game (both this weekend & next). Next weekend
in the West is the interesting game, as who knows which RoughRider
team will show up to play after a bi week.

The West this weekend though will come down to the Edmonton QB....
If he plays the long game, Calgary loses. If he plays the short game,
then Edmonton is out.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Have to agree with you about Hank, talloola. I have admired him a lot. He comes across as such a nice person in interviews and on the field displays moments of absolute brilliance.

Also agree with you about Pierce. If he takes one more bad hit, he could be out for the remainder of his career. Couldn't understand the decision to play him on that short yardage play where he was creamed and pulled from the game. What were the coaches thinking???

We were shocked at that decision too, in my mind at the time it was an automatic injury for buck pierce, and it was.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well as the saying goes, it is all over but the weeping for both Hamilton and the Eskimos. At least Hamilton decided to come out and play whereas the Esks seemed more than a tad lackluster. All the penalties that the Esks took were stupid and cost them dearly. And what in heavens name was up with Fred Stamps??? Montreal will easily trounce BC and my Riders will get to beat the Stamps (who will definitely be out for revenge) next weekend.
Looking forward to a great game in Mosaic stadium and a one-sided win in Montreal.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I like the CFL, I watch all the games I can. Montreal will kill all the cannon fodder. Except BC, they will win the Grey Cup.

Sorry dtm, but Montreal is going to show BC what CFL football is really all about. After the Lions barely scraped by in today's game against the young and rebuilding Ti-Cats, they don't have a hope in hades of winning against the Allouettes, who without exception are the best team in the league. BC's season will come to a screeching halt next weekend. But, congrats on their win today.