Pacman Coming to Canada

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Report: Blue Bombers agree to deal with Adam "Pacman" Jones

"Go North young man.
Jim Trotter of SI.com writes that cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones is going the Canadian route to get back into the NFL.
Jones has reportedly agreed to a one-year deal to play for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the CFL.
"It'll be a good experience for me to get back in game shape and compete and play football, which I like to do," Jones told Trotter. "I'm real happy for the opportunity that's been given to me. Of course it's disappointing to me to not be playing in the NFL. But things happen and you have to adjust. "
Blue Bombers' executive John Murphy says he knows the team is taking a chance but like the upside of Jones' talent as a "playmaker" and the publicity he brings.
"From a marketing standpoint, a business standpoint and a football standpoint, I could go to 100 NFL training camps and every preseason game and more people will hear and know about the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the next two weeks -- from the coverage we'll receive -- than in the last 10 years."
Worrick Robinson, Jones's lawyer and agent, Worrick Robinson told The Associated Press that Jones is in negotiations with a CFL team but a deal has yet to be formally reached.
"He's still young and has a lot of playing days ahead of him," Robinson told The Associated Press. "If the CFL deal works out, it will be a good opportunity for him to get back on the field and show what he can do.""

It's either a great move or a huge mistake. Time will tell.