Product Advisory - Chelsea Leather Food.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
I first cam across this product about 5 years ago. Awesome for saving and protecting leather goods. I was in Sault Ste. Marie and was sold a can of it. I took it home and did up an old leather bomber jacket I had. The jacket was so dried out that it crackeled. Likely would have done a lot of damage if I had worn it for any length of time so I have pretty well stopped wearing it. It has turned into my favorite Winter jacket again. The leather came out as soft as a baby's bottom and no discolouration in the least. I should say it had faded and the food brought it back to original. Saved a $700.00 jacket and will last a lot longer now. Excellent for breaking in new boots also because it will soak in and soften the leather, cutting the breakin time down to a minumum.

The product is a natural leather oil that soaks into the leather leaving not residue. Unlike mink oil this food does not rot the threads of your leather product. I just did up a batch of rabbit hides I had purchased because they were on sale, before I put them into storage. Some were pretty brittle and dry already - soft and pliable now. Make a blanket next year, or something. 1 can did about 20 hides. 1can will do 2 dried out old coats with 2-3 applications. Pre-treated coats need very little.

Romured to be the product used on the leather of the Presidential Limo. I have a leather steering wheel in my truck. Works great - not dry - not oily.

The store in the Sault has since shut down but found this Canadian store on line.
Product is from England - originally for ball shoes.

Showdown Sports: Sondico Chelsea Leather Food .Canada.

Comes in Clear and Black (Black is actually a deep deep blue-black).