Great World Junior game

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Canada 7 U.S. 4

That has to have been the best hockey game I've seen in a long time. The U.S. broke out with a three to zero lead that looked insurmountable but Canada came back to tie the score and go ahead by one. Though Canada improved their lead it was never a sure win until the last whistle.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Good game, but too many penalties! We need to be a little more disciplined our next game, as there will not be any room for mistakes then(even though some of the calls were probably bad, we deserved some of them). Entertaining game, though.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Good game, but too many penalties! We need to be a little more disciplined our next game, as there will not be any room for mistakes then(even though some of the calls were probably bad, we deserved some of them). Entertaining game, though.

Yeah, definitely too many penalties. I thought the referees were far too much in evidence in the first period and we got far more penalties than we deserved. The team came back rather quickly after being three goals down thanks to the efforts of John Tavaries among others.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Yeah, definitely too many penalties. I thought the referees were far too much in evidence in the first period and we got far more penalties than we deserved. The team came back rather quickly after being three goals down thanks to the efforts of John Tavaries among others.

Yes, I think they must have used the Refs that are used in so many of the Leaf games.;-):lol::p

Man, Tavares is going to be a keeper. I would love to see him in a Leaf's jersey, but I don't think they will be that far down the standings to stand a chance at getting him.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
What a great game, and how gutsy of them to fight their way back by the end of
that first period, after they got off to a shaky start.
Yeah wonder where tavares will end up, could be on tampa bay with stamkos, imagine if that happens.
They said St. Louis had 5 draft picks in that game.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Tampa has recently signed Tavares to a three year contract. This player would help any team he signed with. He is definitely a special talent.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
That save by Tokarski was damn near a sexual experience! Poor refs or not it was one of the best games in recent memory.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It took a while but Canada finally brought their Eh game.

They are always more classic when Canada wins. If the final score was in reverse it would be a time to reflect on Hockey Canada as an organization..possibly firing of executives.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Tavares isn't drafted yet.

It appears there are several John Tavales's and I found two wrong ones.
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Bandits re-signed star forward John Tavares to a three-year contract Wednesday.
The 40-year-old Toronto native is the all-time leading scorer in National Lacrosse League history.
"Johnny is the No. 1 leader on our team," head coach Darris Kilgour said in a release. "When you can bring that kind of guy back it is huge. He has led the team in scoring 15 of his 17 years and it will be a huge loss when he retires.
"It is a tremendous bonus to have him back."
The five-foot-11, 185-pounder led the Bandits in scoring last season with 87 points (29-58) and was named a first-team NLL all-pro.
Tavares is the all-time NLL leader in goals (620), assists (706) and points (1,326). He is also the Bandits' franchise leader in every major offensive category.
"I am thrilled to have played my entire career with Buffalo," Tavares said. "I started my career as a Bandit, and I hope I can end it as a Bandit as well."

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Tavares isn't drafted yet.

It appears there are several John Tavales's and I found two wrong ones. I guess I was kind of skimming....
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Bandits re-signed star forward John Tavares to a three-year contract Wednesday.
The 40-year-old Toronto native is the all-time leading scorer in National Lacrosse League history.
"Johnny is the No. 1 leader on our team," head coach Darris Kilgour said in a release. "When you can bring that kind of guy back it is huge. He has led the team in scoring 15 of his 17 years and it will be a huge loss when he retires.
"It is a tremendous bonus to have him back."
The five-foot-11, 185-pounder led the Bandits in scoring last season with 87 points (29-58) and was named a first-team NLL all-pro.
Tavares is the all-time NLL leader in goals (620), assists (706) and points (1,326). He is also the Bandits' franchise leader in every major offensive category.
"I am thrilled to have played my entire career with Buffalo," Tavares said. "I started my career as a Bandit, and I hope I can end it as a Bandit as well."

Toro

Senate Member
Great game.

Canada got a bit lucky. The first goal in the third period shouldn't have happened, given that the penalized player came out 8 seconds too early. Also, that Develapore or whatever his name is should have received a 5 minute and a game for his hit from behind in the second period.

But entertaining nonetheless.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Great game.

Canada got a bit lucky. The first goal in the third period shouldn't have happened, given that the penalized player came out 8 seconds too early. Also, that Develapore or whatever his name is should have received a 5 minute and a game for his hit from behind in the second period.

But entertaining nonetheless.

Just as canada fought back in the first period and tied up the game, the u.s.
could have done the same, but didn't, that's just the way it goes, at the end
of the tournament, all teams will be able to tell stories of how they got
some bad calls, or no calls, that's hockey, and always will be.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yeah. Canada was lucky: They scored 7 goals when the Americans scored only 4. It was the America's decision to pull their goaltender....A dopey decision in my estimation and it cost them two goals against.

Toro

Senate Member
I watched some of the US-Slovakia game today. I saw one of the Slovaks taunting the American bench after a goal. The commentators said that has been going on all tournament. What the hell is happening to sportsmanship? If that was going on in the WHL, the player would get pounded.