Wembley bans Borat's mankini

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Some England fans will probably be dressing up as Borat today as their team plays his homeland in today's sell-out Wembley match.

However, fans have been banned from wearing Borat's "mankini"....

Borat's mankini banned at Wembley

England fans have been banned from wearing Borat's "mankini" to the national team's match with Kazakhstan at Wembley.

By Chris Irvine
11 Oct 2008
The Telegraph

WORLD CUP 2010 QUALIFIER

ENGLAND VS KAZAKHSTAN

At Wembley Stadium. Kick off: 1715 BST

Ali G creator has said he will not appear as Borat at the match and sing the Kazakh national anthem
Photo: GETTY

The green male thong, made famous by Sacha Baron Cohen's spoof Kazakh reporter, has been banned by authorities.

Groups on social networking group Facebook have been set up with members vowing to dress like Borat, sporting the neon green thong, but police have quickly moved to warn supporters.

Metropolitan Police have warned people will be arrested on public decency or public order laws.

A spokesman said: "If a person's actions are likely to cause alarm or distress, officers would act."

Ali G creator has said he will not appear as Borat at the match and sing the Kazakh national anthem.

He had previously sung the country's anthem at a US baseball match in his movie: "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan."

But he has upset Kazakhs with his portrayal of their country, regularly portraying them as backward people, who enjoy abusing women and the mentally handicapped.

The Kazakhstani national team has also been left furious by the bungling journalist.

Midfielder Ruslan Baltiyev, Kazakhstan's most-capped player has vowed to show England there is more to the country than Borat.

Bookmaker Paddy Power is also offering odds on which Borat phrase commentator Clive Tyldesley will utter during ITV's debut coverage of England under their new contract.

The favourite is "Very nice" at odds of 4-1, with 10-1 for Borat's greeting of "Jagshemash."

telegraph.co.uk

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I think it was last week I saw a guy in a string kini. I almost made it to the washroom before I cracked up laughing. It's as funny as a 250 pound girl wearing Speedos.
I wear a shirt of Les's sometimes. You could fit 3 of me in one. lmao I could parachute if I knew how and wanted to

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Borat's mankini: It really hurts my eyes. Sorry Durka, but there isn't a strong enough eye wash to compensate for the damage done.