Games of the XXIX Olympiad

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The suspense is building. We'll soon find out if most of the world is right. Nearly 67% of the polled global population believe Canada will win every single gold medal at the Olympics, with an exception to those events we didn't qualify for.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
The suspense is building. We'll soon find out if most of the world is right. Nearly 67% of the polled global population believe Canada will win every single gold medal at the Olympics, with an exception to those events we didn't qualify for.

And, the other 33% are all 'realistic' canadian right? Hillarious:lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
The Olympics are the sad but true reality of todayworld: They who are best at lie, cheat, steal and deny will go home with the gold. The honest guy may go home with his head held high - but he does it broke.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
The Olympics are the sad but true reality of todayworld: They who are best at lie, cheat, steal and deny will go home with the gold. The honest guy may go home with his head held high - but he does it broke.

Hey Lone W, no pun intended, but that is a serious generalization and accusation………….
Not all athletes cheat and lie, the good majority are ethical, moral, and hard working……… :smile:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Yeah! As of this morning ,we ranked at #53 in the medal standings ..and a perfect O in medal count.[I wonder if we could go even lower?]:smile:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Cheating aside, Canada is pathetic this year in the Olympics. I have heard government folks state that they have increased the funding for athletes but we will not see results until the next games... haven't we heard this before?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
We're going to win a medal! A woman wrestler is going for gold later.

Warning to all nations..don't mess with Canadian women!!!

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
We're going to win a medal! A woman wrestler is going for gold later.

Warning to all nations..don't mess with Canadian women!!!

I was once accosted by a Lieutenant in the Canadian army, her name was Katherine.

That was the best disciplinary action I ever got from an officer...

edit...she was a 2nd Lt...for accuarcy's sake

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I was once accosted by a Lieutenant in the Canadian army, her name was Katherine.

That was the best disciplinary action I ever got from an officer...

edit...she was a 2nd Lt...for accuarcy's sake
Got any pics? lol

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Got any pics? lol

I wish...she was stationed down at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, TX. She was doing some training with the pilots there..

Right where I grew up, met her on Padre Island. I even explained I was an enlisted Marine to her on the beach that night...
...she didn't want to hear it...

I prolly shoulda held on to that one..but oh well..

Thought it was cool that you guys' Military promotion warrants are in English and French..well I thought it was cool then (1995)..I'd dump the French now I suppose

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I wonder, maybe the women's fastball team, (and maybe not), as the u.s. has a good
team too, and Australia.
There sure is lots of whining and complaining cause Canada doesn't 'financially' support
the olympic athletes, but anytime that subject comes up, the rest of the country whines
and complains, cause they want the money to go to other things, they couldn't care less
about athletes, but other countries do it, irrespective of what anyone thinks, they just do it.
Many of our athletes have put out thousands of dollars to get themselves trained and go
to the games, one boxer spent 25,000.00, and I think he got punched out in the first
round.
Now that Canada can't seem to get a medal of any color, people are starting to ask questions, as to, WHY, well, it's simple, the financial support is very low.
We will do better in the winter Olympics though, (maybe)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Very exciting, I also watched our first medal winner, the cutest wrestler I've ever seen.
And the young fellow who came third in the swim race.
The rowing is awsome, I love it.

Just finished watching women's tri athelon, what a gruelling race, and the winner was
very fresh at the finish. long swim/40km biking/10k run.all right after each other.
Canadian woman fell and broke her wrist, from her bike.
Australia won

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Frankly the Men's 8's Oars Gold, and Ryan Cochrane's 1500m Freestyle Bronze made my Olympics. They're two events i always follow. Canada has a great history in the Men's 8's, but the 1500 is a rarefied world, even in the swimming galaxy. It's almost always dominated by one individual, Grant Hackett, Kieran Perkins, Vladimir Salnikov from one of the elite swimming nations, for one or two Olympiads.. and it has a cult like following in Australia especially, but around the swimming world. It attracts the sport's off beat characters and free spirits, and i'm as pleased as punch that a 19 year old from Victoria came up with such a blistering performance, outdoing the Russian Prilukov for bronze.

Now a decent result (that means a medal) in the Canoeing C2 1000, or, Kayaking K1 500 or 1000, would just be the icing on the cake, for me. :smile:

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Canada's showing up well in the men's rowing, looking forward to Adam van Kouveran (sp?)
on Thurs. and Fri. I think, and others have made it through to semi finals, the canadian named Hall rowed a great heat last night, and won,so we have
some good chances for medal finishes.

The two american women gymnasts have really caught my eye, watched them all through the games, and last
night Shawn Johnson won the gold medal for the balance beam, well deserved, but her team mate, Nastia, came
second,such a graceful beautiful gymnast, and the chinese girl did well, just a couple of wobbles, which put her
in third place.

Last edited: