The Queen shows her delight as her horse wins at Royal Ascot

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The Queen - a huge horseracing fan - showed her delight yesterday as her horse, Free Agent, won the Chesham Stakes at Royal Ascot.

It was her first success at Royal Ascot since 1999....

Free Agent is Queen's first Royal Ascot winner since 1999

By Andrew Alderson, Chief Reporter
21/06/2008
The Telegraph

The Queen is "thrilled" to have broken her decade-long Royal Ascot hoodoo with her first winner at the meeting since 1999.

The Queen, a huge fan of horseracing, arrives at Royal Ascot. She then had her first winner at the meeting since 1999

Free Agent gained a battling success in the Chesham Stakes, the opening race on the final day of this year's five-day meeting.

The Queen, who loves horse racing, was at the Berkshire track to see the two-year-old colt take the seven-furlong contest.

Held up in the rear by jockey Richard Hughes early on, the 7-2 joint-favourite came from last to first to win by two and a quarter lengths from the other market leader, Seaway.

Free Agent is stabled with royal trainer, Richard Hannon.

Asked what the Queen had said to him afterwards, Hughes replied: "She was very gracious. To ride winners here is great, but to ride one for the Queen is special. He is a lovely horse, it's a very important winner."

John Warren, the royal bloodstock advisor, said: "The Queen was absolutely thrilled and after they passed the post she said 'I've done it!' which was great.

"Richard [Hannon] did say to the Queen afterwards that he is in the [2009] Derby, but it will be one step at a time."

Free Agent, now unbeaten in two starts, was given a quote of 33-1 with bookmakers to give the Queen her first ever Derby success at Epsom next June.

telegraph.co.uk

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

Strange world that woman is in. Welfare for the rich on steroids.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Stop posting that hideous visage it's all over my money and my public buildings and my tea cups and dinner plates, that woman and her rotten ancestors offed a lot of my ancestors and we were English-------mostly except for the Irish Scots bits, oh ya and Beaker too.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Looks like she took public transit, or is it a velvet-lined carriage?