Anybody watching the world hockey championship?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Canada has won the first game 4 - 1 and the second game 7 - 0 over Slovania and Latvia respectively. Their next game is against the U.S. on Tuesday. The team looks pretty good.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Canada has now won fifteen games in a row at the world hockey championships. We need just three more wins to take home another gold medal. I like their chances. The team is big, fast, skilled, and confident. Of course there are no guarantees but they look very good.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yes this is a very good team, and getting stronger as the tournament goes on.
It's great to see all of these great players getting a chance to play together, and
it's even crazier to think that if all the players who, could have been on the team
had have come, it would be even stronger.(iginla for one)

Shane Doan is a good captain, and I am enjoying seeing Jovo playing, miss him on the
canucks, with 20 20 hindsight, they never should have let him go, he could have been
our captain this season coming, is naslund leaves.

GO CANADA GO

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Make that sixteen games. Canada won over Norway today 8 - 2. They will now play Sweden in the semi-final tomorrow.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Canada is headed to the final four at the IIHF World Hockey Championship. An 8-2 quarter-final win over Norway in Halifax earned Canada a spot in the final four semifinals in Quebec City.

Canada just has to win over Sweden to play either Russia or Finland for the gold medal. The team has been getting stronger every game.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
After a close game Canada beat Sweden to earn a place in the gold medal game. Getting into the final means a chance to win the gold medal........For both teams.

GO CANADA!!!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
The final should be a doozer, as the russian team is excellent, with ovetchkin, federov,
nabokov in goal, Semin, and others. Canada has their work cut out for them, but
hopefully they will prevail.

GO CANADA GO

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
The russian team is too good, to sit on a lead in the third period, and allow them to come at you in waves, then 'just' defend, poor coaching I think, as
the canadian team is better than them, and if they had played the same way all through the game, they would have won, and possibly gone ahead by more than 4-2, BUT they
didn't and Russia won, so congratulations to russia, very good team, and now we can't
wait till next time to win it back.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Right Talloola

They tried to sit on a two goal lead and it blew up in their faces. The dumb penalty that Nash took by shooting the puck out of the rink was just what the team didn't need. I knew that was the end of the game and so did Nash.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I just watched the final game of the 2015 IIHF world championships. Canada beat the Russians 6 - 1. Canada had by far the strongest team in the tournament. All through the preliminary games to the final they were unbeaten. The best hockey I've seen in years.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I just watched the final game of the 2015 IIHF world championships. Canada beat the Russians 6 - 1. Canada had by far the strongest team in the tournament. All through the preliminary games to the final they were unbeaten. The best hockey I've seen in years.

Talk about a Necro post. LOL!

I did not see the game, unfortunately, but checked out the highlights. I thought the Russian team (the ones that left the ice anyhow) was classless by not being there for the singing of the Canadian anthem. They have been there many times so they know they should have still been on the ice. The Canadians certainly would not have done something like that!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The one Russian player even attacked the linesman they were poor sports
and the sulky Russians are typical of European players. The Canucks now
need to rid themselves of the time wasters and get some good Canadian boys.
Montreal needs to do the same.