Dave Nonis fired

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I liked him so in one way it's not good. But the Canucks look so much like the Senators, well it's time for a new direction. ;-)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
*insert nod and smile here*

Indeed Kreskin. I absolutely concur with you. Yep.

hey, did it show that I have no clue about hockey?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
*insert nod and smile here*

Indeed Kreskin. I absolutely concur with you. Yep.

hey, did it show that I have no clue about hockey?
No problem Karrie. Just smile and keep looking pretty. :smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I've watched two games recently, which is two more games than I've watched in the last ten years.

The first game was Saturday night's game with the Habs. I guess I didn't so much watch it as, hear it. Being the best wives in the world that my friend and I are, we spent the day cleaning the garage, and when the guys showed up back at the house and sat down to watch the game, we went grocery shopping and made supper while they drank beer and cheered on the Habs. We didn't even realize how funny it looked until we were eating and catching the tail end of the game.

Then last night hubby sat down to watch the Flames game. That was one of the funnier starts to a game I've seen.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
lol Kreskin - has it come to this? You're left with 2 women to talk hockey with?

You poor muffin! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

but thanx for the compliment... :p

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well Kreskin, I think there's a fine line to be walked between winning the game, and playing the game. The neutral zone trap can be beneficial to the team, but, it can make for a pretty stale, boring game. But maybe that's just me.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Well Kreskin, I think there's a fine line to be walked between winning the game, and playing the game. The neutral zone trap can be beneficial to the team, but, it can make for a pretty stale, boring game. But maybe that's just me.
And you only watch twice a year? Hell, you could coach the Canucks.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You know, she has a point. If a naked woman coached the Canucks perhaps the guys would play a little 'harder'.

They'd definitely spend more time trying to get to the end zone, their motivation to score would be through the roof.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Back to hockey........:smile:............Nonis has been on the hot seat for a few weeks now. Everything was brought to a head when the Canucks missed the play-offs. The guy has looked worried for a while and he seemed to be second guessing his coach. I'm sure Nonis will find a spot somewhere....................The NHL is a big game of musical chairs so he'll show up in one capacity or other on one of the other teams.