Arsenal's French defender, Gallas, voices his concern over Britain's alcohol problem

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Arsenal's French defender, William Gallas, has voiced his concern over Britain's alcohol problem.

This comes after new research by the World Health organisation shows that the British drink more, per capita, than even the Russians, and the English in particular are Europe's heaviest alcohol drinkers (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3466814.ece)

Gallas ... wants sex ban

Gallas blasts British 'drinking girls'

08 Mar 2008
The Sun

Britain's problems with alcohol even affect its women

ARSENAL’S William Gallas has said he is shocked by how much English women drink.

The Frenchman also thinks WAGs should not be allowed to have sex with stars before big games — and branded as greedy players who sell their wedding pictures.

Gallas, who came to Britain when he signed for Chelsea in May 2001, said: “People told me I’d be surprised by the amount English women drink, and I was. It’s unbelievable.”

He said French women would never “march up to footballers in bars and say they want sex”.

The international defender, 30, also told magazine GQ he would shun a £1million offer for pictures of his wedding.

He added: “In England, you can earn money for weddings, babies, anything. People need to learn to say no to the money sometimes.”

Arsenal skipper Gallas also said he cannot understand Brit men who have sex once a week.

thesun.co.uk