Arsenal goalkeeper, Manuel Almunia, says his Hertfordshire home is haunted by a monk

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Goalkeeper, the Spaniard Manuel Almunia, who is thinking of becoming British so he can play for England, says that his Hertfordshire home is haunted by the ghost of a monk.

The terrified shot-stopper, who plays for North London giants Arsenal, says his home in Abbots Langley was built on top of an old mental asylum.....

Terrified ... Arsenal's goalkeeper Manuel Almunia

Almunia is real ghoulkeeper

By NICK PARKER
Published: Today
The Sun

ARSENAL goalkeeper Manuel Almunia’s house is being HAUNTED by the ghost of a monk.

The star’s wife spotted the ghoul at their swish pad on the site of an old asylum.

Spaniard Almunia, 30, has also heard chains rattling and had stereos turning on at full volume on their own. He is so spooked boss Arsene Wenger has given him permission to go home for lunch to avoid leaving wife Ana alone at the house in Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire.

Terrified Almunia said yesterday: “My house is small but there is a lot of history to it and it seems there are ghosts.

“It’s in a place where there was a psychiatric hospital. They sent mental patients there and people who were sick after the Second World War.

“When we first moved in we heard a lot of strange noises like chains being dragged around.

“Then when we were sleeping the stereo came on at full volume. Some very strange things were happening.

“One night, we were sleeping and my wife suddenly woke me up with a shout. She said there was this monk-like figure with a candle in his hand. She was in bed, next to me. I didn’t see him but I was s*** scared.

“We’ve spoken to neighbours, and they said this was normal.

“Perhaps it’s black magic, I don’t know. But some weird things were definitely going on.”

Locals believe the mental institution Almunia’s home was built on was The Leavesden Hospital, which was shut in the 1990s.

thesun.co.uk