Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Amazing stuff.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
these all seem a bit far-fetched to me

for instance, how do they know that fellow's heart stopped?

also, it's not WHERE you inject steroids that the enhancement occurs, it's a system-wide thing, hence the testicular-atrophy and so on. So why would that fellow's left arm be stronger?

How about the "crashing through pure titanium" incident? I could crash through pure titanium too, especially if it was nice and thin. Anyway titanium can be quite brittle. And why would they make a wall out of it? titanium is enormously expensive, and titanium-steel would be stronger.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The poster says it's from Onion Sports... and talks about a man crashing through a titanium wall, a man playing on a shattered femur, a player driving a pen through a baseball and his own hand, one player being forcibly injected with roids for 11 years, a player accidentally stopping AND restarting his own heart by thumping his chest.... you missed all that?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I had forgotten about this thread and am surprised no one is discussing the topic anymore.

In the States, many people are discussing the Roger Clemens debacle and most agree: he's as guilty as sin!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I haven't followed the Roger Clemens thing lately except the odd sound bite. He's going down swinging if I understand it correctly.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I wonder why the guy who says he injected him many many times, 'SAVED' injection needles, with Clemen's dna and blood on them, I mean, that was years ago, and he
saved them? Was he just waiting for this moment in time!!!!!!
Strangest thing I ever heard.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I thought it was strange too. All the hard work Roger was known for, and it isn't looking good for him now. You can't fake DNA in a syringe. Weird stuff.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
We should get Flo-Jo to give talks to kids about the benefits of stereos.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I thought it was strange too. All the hard work Roger was known for, and it isn't looking good for him now. You can't fake DNA in a syringe. Weird stuff.
I wonder if Clemens threatened him back then to keep his mouth shut, and perhaps he decided to hold on to some of this in case it reared its ugly head.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I liked Flo-Jo. She was awesome. Completely drugged but awesome.