So no one has anything to say about Chris Benoit?

Meeshee

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Killing your family and letting people know how to get safely into the house so the bodies don`t rot is really something. It`s sick.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Besides the fact that he was feeding his son human growth hormone? They are running blood tests on him right now to see how much "juice" he had in him.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Not as sick as locking the doors and making sure no one finds them.

The man clearly had a mental break. It's sad, and it's tragic. I wish someone had been around to stop his fall before he hit this point.

Killing your family and letting people know how to get safely into the house so the bodies don`t rot is really something. It`s sick.

Meeshee

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I never got why people are so selfish to kill themselves. But to killyour family and stay in the house with them lying there.......

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It's a shame that he couldn't just "off" him self, instead of taking his whole family down with him.

It's a shame anyone died. It's a shame that he had the sort of career where being a volatile, controlling person isn't seen as a red flag for future problems. Instead it's seen as potential. Truly sad.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I never got why people are so selfish to kill themselves. But to killyour family and stay in the house with them lying there.......

Why must it be selfish to kill yourself? Can you not comprehend circumstances where it might be selfless to end one's life?

Is the concept of self-sacrifice completely empty?

Pangloss

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Is the concept of self-sacrifice completely empty?

Pangloss

Yes. Somebody (usually your closest friend or relative) is stuck with funeral expenses. And what does it accomplish? Well, you don't care, you are dead. But it accomplishes nothing in the grand scheme of things. Life goes on the next day as if you weren't there for all but a few people.

The only time suicide should be legal (assisted or otherwise) is for termanally ill patients. (I know technically making it illegal does nothing but lets not argue semantics.)

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
The concept of self-sacrifice is alive and well. Actually it is thriving in these times. Of course I am talking about our troops who put thier lives on the line.There is also self-sacrifice in many other areas such as when a parent fights an attacker to save thier offspring. Self sacrifice is alive and doing well.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Nobody?

Actually, there was another thread already but I was the only one to answer it.

It appears as if Benoit's mind was altered by steroids and that this provoked the horrible thing he is alleged to have done. The facts will be fully disclosed real soon and it is likely that these reports will be confirmed.

Sad. A true tragedy.

triedit

inimitable
Interesting tidbit--
Mystery surrounding Benoit deaths deepens
HARRY R. WEBER
Associated Press
June 28, 2007 at 6:43 PM EDT
ATLANTA — Investigators are looking into who altered pro wrestler Chris Benoit's Wikipedia entry to mention his wife's death hours before authorities discovered the bodies of the couple and their 7-year-old son.
Benoit's Wikipedia entry was altered early Monday to say that the wrestler had missed a match two days earlier because of his wife's death.
A Wikipedia official, Cary Bass, said Thursday that the entry was made by someone using an Internet protocol address registered in Stamford, Conn., where World Wrestling Entertainment is based.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070628.wwrestmyst0628/BNStory/National/home

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Steroids and stupidity kill again.......

Hear hear Juan:

The cops pulled a raid on his doctor's office to see what, if anything, he was doling out to :naka:

Roid rage is a thing most athletes are aware of. Doesn't seem to stop them from taking the drug(s) though.

So sad.

:x