19 stone bowler cries 'owzfat!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
England thrashed minnows Bermuda in a friendly one-day game, winning by 241 runs. This year's Cricket World Cup, which starts later this month, is the very first that Bermuda will play in. But you should just see the size of one of the Bermudan bowlers....

19 stone bowler cries 'owzfat!*

(* In cricket, if a team thinks they have got out an opponent they shout "Howzat!", an abbreviated form of "How's that!", to the umpire in the hope that he will say that the opposing player is out)

Fat's yer lot ... 19 stone Dwayne Leverock celebrates as he gets Pietersen out. But little Bermuda still got thrashed by England.
Picture left: REUTERS

By ALEX PEAKE
and JOHN ETHERIDGE
in St Vincent
March 06, 2007

Cricket

ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL MATCH

England: 286/8

Bermuda: 45 all out

England win by 241 runs

ENGLAND’S World Cup stars were flattened yesterday by the fattest player in international cricket.

Giant part-time bowler Dwayne Leverock — who weighs 19st 4lbs — got out TWO top batsman as England played minnows Bermuda.

The policeman — nicknamed Sluggo — dismissed Ashes stars Paul Collingwood and Kevin Pietersen in the World Cup warm-up in the Caribbean.

Leverock, 35, is famed for his love of pizza and once weighed 24 STONE before a diet last year.

A pal said: “He is the team joker and by far the biggest personality, in more ways than one.

“He has a meal with the team then scoffs a pizza in his hotel room.”

Leverock, who once ran 110m hurdles for Bermuda, said: “This is the first time I have played against a team as good as England.” He is set to play for Bermuda in the World Cup this month.

England later got their revenge by bowling out Bermuda for just 45 to win the game by 241 runs.

Bermuda D C Borden, L O Cann, D L Hemp, K Hurdle, M Jones, D M Leverock, D A Minors, S Mukuddem, S D Outerbridge, O L Pitcher, I H Romaine, C J Smith, K Tucker

England E C Joyce, M P Vaughan, I R Bell, K P Pietersen, P D Collingwood, A Flintoff, J W M Dalrymple, P A Nixon, L E Plunkett, J M Anderson, J Lewis, S I Mahmood, M S Panesar

thesun.co.uk

Last edited: