Hockey

Gonzo
Since when do referees decide the outcome of a hockey game? I went to the Ottawa Senators game last night and it seems odd that the Senators, a team full of skill, would get 10 penalties (one 4 minute penalties), while Dallas only gets 2? I believe the Sens didnít deserve half of them. When I was at the LA game, Ottawa was up by 4 goals and I guess the refs wanted a closer game so they started giving Ottawa penalties. Why would a team up by four, who is dominating the game, play in a way that would get them penalties? I think the referees donít want Ottawa to run away with it. Itís frustrating when they make unfair calls.

TenPenny
Referees don't determine the outcome of a game, they enforce the rules. The outcome of the game is determined by the number of times each team is able to put the puck in the net.

I don't know why Ottawa players feel the need to do stupid things that get them penalties, but who knows what goes on in their heads.

bevvyd
I think we've all seen games that have made us shake our heads with what is and isn't being called. And it ticks me off when the refs do this.

krayzy-kutie
like during the stanley cup. Calgary got that goal but the ref said they didnt. makes me soooo mad...refs i hate em' sometimes .

Gonzo
I say one rule should be that a team can dispute a call once a game, and they go to the replay to determine.
They need to call diving more so hockey doesn't have the trouble soccer does of players trying to draw a penalty.
Seriously, Ottawa is not a goon team. They're a goal scoaring team. I like the new rules in hockey, now the refs have to call the game fairly.