Favorite outdoor activity

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
my god pea, that reminds me 8O we are coming up to our earthdancing season.....this year the event will be held at tofino, with fellow earthdancers joining us not just from the 'golden triangle' but further afield. we should ask zen and edgerunner to join in with the happy dance. being part of cascadia they know about this kinda stuff. edgerunner could bring the bunny pants cookies :D

you know last years event kinda got outta hand, so this year we will be starting the earth dance with pre-meditation pits on the beach. ohh lllalalalalal can't wait!!!!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I am not going to tofino..its a tourist trap now :cry: we will save the earth dancing day for when they come to visit :p hope they are up for it :p oh boy it gets crazy...big fire on the beach....than deep forest starts pounding out those gypsy tunes with drums.. aupook (king of the midgets or something like that) starts....the guy is nuts!!! but you have seen that here at the board :p pretty soon we are back to the primordial ooze, where it all began 8O
Back on the plains where our ancestors hunted saber tooth's ..primal ...very primal..and than the leaping starts...hehehehe last time galaniomama caught her trousers on fire....she nearly blew a gasket when they used her bottle of wine as a extinguisher :p hehehehehehehehehehe....

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
"Favourite Outdoor Activity"? You mean with my clothes on?

I guess that would be sitting outside my 5th wheel in the summer, Newspaper in my lap, with an Ice-cold in one hand, and my radio-headphones tuned to CBC's "Finkleman's 45s" while the sun gets low in the western sky.

(He's packing it in later this spring - what am I gonna do then?)

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Sounds cool...G&P. Where and when ? With any luck I may have some time coming to me... Ya gotta watch your toes when Edge & I are dancing.

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
Playing or coaching a tight game of competitive baseball. Absolutely, the best.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
He's packing it in later this spring - what am I gonna do then?)

I'm not going to miss much of the music, but those long nonsensical ramblings between songs being gone will leave a definite hole.

My favourite outdoor activity would have to be maneuvering my walking tractor around the garden. Or maybe fixing it. The two are pretty much inseparable...complex antique yard equipment is pretty much in constant need of repair.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Favorite outdoor acti

I love the 4:20 and a long walk after a good meal in the summer......... 8)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I was told that "they couldn't help me find that page"

I'm not sure what made you sad, Pea. The 4:20 or the longs walks on a full stomach?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Twila,
I am not sad...ehm well maybe a bit...a certain so and so has gone to Britian for two weeks. :p

I tried that link it works twila, cut and paste it...if you scroll down the page you can hear grandma suzy. I just tried it again.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

A fifth wheeler is a trailer so big that it requires a hitch like the ones on th semi tractors (lorries), Emma. Some like to yark about how they waste resources, but the real truth is that those who use them have done more to support the alternative energy business than most in North America.

If we could get them off the highways, all would be well.

I have no idea what earthdancing is, but it puts a disturbing image of Zen...drunk and naked...pogoing in my mind. I really hope I'm wrong about that. ;-)

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
OMG they are a bit like caravans then!! They are one of my most hated vehicles!! Our roads are a lot smaller here of course but if you get stuck behind a caravan you are there for the long term!!

In fact so many peple loathe caravans that you quite often see them being blown up on the TV- I have even see a program play darts with caravans- they loaded the caravan onto a hydraulic pump thingy and fired them at a very big target...it was quality!!