No Season - it's official

hollaback

Sep 23, 2004
NS
Wow, as if we all didn't see it coming. Honestly no real Canadian hockey fan thought we might have one. I say lets have a compromise...players you deal with a salary cap (as if 4 million a year is not enough, try minimum wage of $6.55 an hour you greedy bums) and in return we rid the hockey world of that idiot Bettmen and put a Canadian in charge. Sounds fair to me!

jamie

Electoral Member
Oct 22, 2004
the wang
Obviously the outcome would be the same if there was a Canadian in the commish's seat. Bettman is just a puppet used by the owners. That would still be the case if he was Canadian. Both sides suck. I just feel really bad for the players who aren't money hungry, and want to play the game they love-period. Most of all, I feel bad for the 'regular' folk that have been laid off because of a bunch of whinny douchebag millionairs and a bounch of whinny douche bag billionaires; as well as the fans- who provide the paychecks for all these jerks. hmm. I guess the fans are saps for doing so, but that'll change...as survey's are showing.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
I think we have seen the last of professional hockey as we know it for a while. Bettman is already hinting at replacement players for next season so it would just be a glorified AHL. I will stick with the Vancouver Giants for the near future. The tickets are affordable and the game is more entertaining in my opinion.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The very first.......

Flossy wasn't the first and B00mer will not be the last:lol:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I was always curious. Are the pre-2007 posts from the old forum that got carried over to the new one?

Because when i joined there was a lot of talk about the old site and how there were that group who didn't switch over to this site as well as others and just ended up lurking, to this day...

**** ive been here too long, almost a decade....

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I was always curious. Are the pre-2007 posts from the old forum that got carried over to the new one?

Because when i joined there was a lot of talk about the old site and how there were that group who didn't switch over to this site as well as others and just ended up lurking, to this day...

**** ive been here too long, almost a decade....
Dunno if you remember.....A bunch of us in 2007, came over from another forum called "the grapevine" (a forum sponsored by City TV in Toronto)
We did that to get away from a troll..(No not Avro) but very similar...After getting banned several times.... we haven't heard from him in the forum for several years...