Hockey is dead

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
I dislike sports, so I don't miss hockey.

It was just a couple of years ago when team owners were asking for tax breaks because they were going bankrupt.
And today they are rich enough to ride out a complete year without income from the sport.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

It was just a couple of years ago when team owners were asking for tax breaks because they were going bankrupt.
And today they are rich enough to ride out a complete year without income from the sport.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC
Hockey is not dead. It is healthier now than it has been in years. Witness the recent Team Canada win. The NHL has got to go. Dead and buried. The NHL has been bad for hockey for a long time. The only priority of the NHL is to bleed as much money as possible from the fans, government and other businesses as possible. Good riddance. Hockey will recover very nicely without the NHL.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC
Hockey is not dead. It is healthier now than it has been in years. Witness the recent Team Canada win. The NHL has got to go. Dead and buried. The NHL has been bad for hockey for a long time. The only priority of the NHL is to bleed as much money as possible from the fans, government and other businesses as possible. Good riddance. Hockey will recover very nicely without the NHL.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Less games, fewer teams, stop OBSTRUCTION, smaller goal pads, wider rinks, more skill and less violence....

That would help me enjoy pro hockey again, but it would reduce the profit margins so it will never happen.

I am not missing the season at all, which is a surprise. The playoffs will be missed for sure tho', maybe the Stanley Cup could be awarded to the Native League?

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Less games, fewer teams, stop OBSTRUCTION, smaller goal pads, wider rinks, more skill and less violence....

That would help me enjoy pro hockey again, but it would reduce the profit margins so it will never happen.

I am not missing the season at all, which is a surprise. The playoffs will be missed for sure tho', maybe the Stanley Cup could be awarded to the Native League?

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC
Hockey is a winter sport. I have no interest in any winter sport after Easter. I pay no attention to a Stanley Cup Playoff in June. It's a no brainer; finish the season before Easter.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC
Hockey is a winter sport. I have no interest in any winter sport after Easter. I pay no attention to a Stanley Cup Playoff in June. It's a no brainer; finish the season before Easter.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
On American Sports TV,they've replaced the hockey games with dog shows..and are receiving higher ratings!Hockey may never recover in the US market.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
On American Sports TV,they've replaced the hockey games with dog shows..and are receiving higher ratings!Hockey may never recover in the US market.