What sports do you like??

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
My own personal favourite is motor racing- I don't car what it is Formula one, Touring cars, Bike racing I love it!!! I can quite happily spend an afternoon in front of the TV with a bottle of wine and an F1 race!!!

Of course the F1 racing happens in Montreal which is a bit of a trek from where we plan to settle but I did notice Vancouver has a speedway!!! Cool!!!!!!

I suppose all you Canadians are Ice Hockey fans!!!

aupook

Nominee Member
Dec 8, 2004
Starbucks
I like ice in drink. Hockey eh? he shots, he scores, and it takes him less than a minute and he back on the bench resting. What canadian boy wouldn't like that.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I like ball, and my kids are heavily involved in gymnastics and soccer. I'll watch pretty much any sport - I love football (CFL) and figure skating. And the winter Olympics.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Let's see. I like ice hockey sometimes but I'm more of a fan of football (we also call it soccer) but I still have a hard time catching the English premier league and the Bundesliga on TV :( I guess that's life. North America isn't as connected to football as the rest of the world. I guess it's because our time is caught up with other sports like hockey and baseball.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
By the way, AMERICAN FOOTBALL was _stuck_ on the TV during Christmas day and I just about got up and ventured back home to my city dwelling! :roll:

You can't begin to imagine how much American football annoys me :roll:

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
I hate sports.

I think it all started when I was in grade school and having to shower after PhysEd class. Maybe, basketball game or whatever.

I dreaded that shower ordeal. I was so shy. Not now so much, but back when I was 12 or 14. I was so shy .... I used to walk into the shower room backwards.
In school, I stayed away from anything that made me sweat.

At home, my room was so disorganized, I always walked into my room backwards because it was easier to find my way out.

Calm

razorgrade

Electoral Member
Feb 8, 2006
Toronto
www.eaglesafc.com
I have recently got into Australian Football through a friend. Kind of a cross between basketball and rugby. We have a team in Toronto called the Eagles, one of the stronger clubs in the Ontario Australian Football League. It is mostly amateur here, great to play for something different and a bit of fun and just as exciting to watch if you're injured.

I also like snowboarding, Ice hockey and tennis.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: What sports do you li

here's a suprise...even with my username....I'm a football (soccer) fan......the word "Hockey" comes from a less obvious but no doubt funny reason....come on saints!!!

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Paranoid Dot Calm said:
I hate sports.

I think it all started when I was in grade school and having to shower after PhysEd class. Maybe, basketball game or whatever.

I dreaded that shower ordeal. I was so shy. Not now so much, but back when I was 12 or 14. I was so shy .... I used to walk into the shower room backwards.
In school, I stayed away from anything that made me sweat.

At home, my room was so disorganized, I always walked into my room backwards because it was easier to find my way out.

Calm

im with you
i too hate sports
and it started in high school
i was lousy at them
but fortunately had brains
so i ended up in academics with reasonable material success
the jack ass jocks were the problem
i occasionally run into them now
they are janitors, on parole or something llike that
i insist they address me by my title, DOCTOR

the next level is loving to hate sports
start with rooting for the other side no matter what
i dont know why but its a rush

its so much of a rush that i think it must be against the canadian legal code but i cant seem to find it in the books..

instead of wallking backwards
try skipping every once in awhile