Fishing

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I've been watching these shows about people who live off the grid in Alaska. They fish with nets and sometimes will catch hundreds of fish , mostly salmon. I love to fish . But we have limits on how many fish we can take . If there were no limits it wouldn't be long before there would be no more fish. Because people have no check on their appetites. A lot of the salmon caught in Alaska is used for dogfood but on one episode of Alaska Bush People they used a net to catch halibut and caught several. Enough to feed a fukkin army. How come there are no limits in Alaska like there are in the lower 48. Can't be near as much fun using a net as it is using a rod and reel. Wonder how long it will be before there are no more halibut and salmon in Alaska. Then what will the bears eat? Probably the fishermen.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
"How come there are no limits in Alaska "
There are limits of all kinds and they are rigorously enforced-don't believe everything you see on TV.

The only Salmon that's fed to Dogs is river caught Chums (and very occasionally Pinks) they are unfit for human consumption because the fat is depleted.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I've been watching these shows about people who live off the grid in Alaska. They fish with nets and sometimes will catch hundreds of fish , mostly salmon. I love to fish . But we have limits on how many fish we can take . If there were no limits it wouldn't be long before there would be no more fish. Because people have no check on their appetites. A lot of the salmon caught in Alaska is used for dogfood but on one episode of Alaska Bush People they used a net to catch halibut and caught several. Enough to feed a fukkin army. How come there are no limits in Alaska like there are in the lower 48. Can't be near as much fun using a net as it is using a rod and reel. Wonder how long it will be before there are no more halibut and salmon in Alaska. Then what will the bears eat? Probably the fishermen.
Well we found the person who watches these shows.......

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
The people you see on TV are claiming 'subsistence' exemptions. They are still regulated on limits and seasons and how they can fish/hunt but the restrictions are less than normal.

They smoke, can or salt most of the catch and store it for winter use which is required to claim a subsistence exemption. You are just assuming they ignore the rules when reality is they operate under a different set of rules. No different than the injuns here in Canada having different rules.....except the injuns here illegally sell their fish for beer money and weed.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014

There are limits of all kinds and they are rigorously enforced-don't believe everything you see on TV.

The only Salmon that's fed to Dogs is river caught Chums (and very occasionally Pinks) they are unfit for human consumption because the fat is depleted.
I'd feed rainbow trout to dogs . Too many bones and impossible to filet.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Georgian bay rainbows go from the rocks at Balm beach to the BBQ at the Sunsport in about 5 minutes
bobbers and worms, in the fall...
Nice open water fish...3 to 7 lbs on average
no filleting necessary
( if you wanted to, you can lift the bones out as a package with a fork after the fish is cooked
- I do)

We get catfish - bullheads, off the bridge, in the river on the other side of town
love 'em all

...but right now, we are about to start ice fishing for perch and wallbangers...and pike
I can walk to the shack from here
:)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Shut it Eaglecrack I've seen you whine about liberals several times. Who's ye dada. :).

I enjoy those shows Milford. Like to see how you fukkers survive in that icebox. Another good show is life below zero. Damn how do people enjoy freezing their balls off.

We have stores that just sell antifreeze.

I'd feed rainbow trout to dogs . Too many bones and impossible to filet.

We have these reely cool tools called knives. Try one. You can even buy them online.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
We have stores that just sell antifreeze.

We have these reely cool tools called knives. Try one. You can even buy them online.
Oh well I'll be danged. I was tryin to filet them thangs with me hands.

I can fillet catfish, bass, crappie or walleye pretty good.. Trout need cooked whole too many small bones.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
There were pretty good walleye in the Spring River in northern Arkansas. Seems like I remember them hangin in deep pools below rapids. I didn't have much luck with the walleye but did land a 14 pound rainbow on a rebel crawdad lure.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Most fish will have an easy time to get them and also other more difficult times
In the spring the pike come in, then the pickerel, then later the bass

its all a good excuse to be out
lol
sometimes its cheaper to buy supper

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Most fish will have an easy time to get them and also other more difficult times
In the spring the pike come in, then the pickerel, then later the bass

its all a good excuse to be out
lol
sometimes its cheaper to buy supper
Theres not too many things better than being on a river in the woods fishing.