Curling World Rocked by Technological Advances

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
In all seriousness this is a crisis in curling not soon to be overcome-the mind boggles

Top curling teams say they won't use high-tech brooms
Gushue, Howard, Jones among 34 teams that won't use brooms with 'directional fabric'

Dozens of the world's top curlers, including Olympic gold medallists Brad Gushue, Brad Jacobs and Jennifer Jones, say they won't use new broom technology that threatens to alter the sport dramatically by slowing down and changing the direction of a rock in motion.

A statement posted on Team Canada's website has been signed by at least 34 elite curling teams, saying they will not sweep with brooms that have "directional fabric" at World Curling Tour, Curling Champions Tour and Grand Slam of Curling competitions.

Click Here the rest if you dare read about this gripping development

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I want a set of rocks that can float on a cushion of air and has the gps location of the bullseye. (controller at the bar-table)

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
I used to watch curling. Really enjoying it. That was until they tested a curler, who tested positive for doping. I might start watching again after the integrity shown by these curlers who won't use the new, high-tech brooms. Also wonder about the ones that do.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
I used to watch curling. Really enjoying it. That was until they tested a curler, who tested positive for doping....
They've always been on something